March 28, 2024, 09:43:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Microfreak and DAW MIDI Loop  (Read 3278 times)

jpdsnz8822

Microfreak and DAW MIDI Loop
« on: August 05, 2019, 10:03:26 pm »
Anyone successfully get this working with a DAW? I am having feedback loops as soon as I move the cutoff knob while using MIDI. I have gotten it to work with MIDI over USB though.

I pulled my MIDI adapters out to check them and they were really hard to get off. I noticed dents on the adapter connectors. Could this cause these feedback loops or is it software related?

I also noticed that I cannot record the output of sequences to my DAW as MIDI notes regardless of the setting in utility, is anyone else experiencing this?

rgarner

• Apprentice
Re: Microfreak and DAW MIDI Loop
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 05:14:37 pm »
Yes, having huge trouble with it. With Local Off and connected to Logic Pro X on any MIDI channel I cannot get it to behave in the same way as any of my other synths. I'm alright only as long as I transmit or receive *only*. I can't leave both input and output connected such that it can be selected when the track is selected as with any other synth (Sub 37, Prologue, Behringer Model D).

My biggest issue is when changing presets with the knob; a huge number of CC messages is sent when this happens, and these seem immediately to feed back unless Knob Send CC is OFF. Once they have done so the synth is frequently left in an unresponsive state or a state where response to MIDI notes has massive lag.

I'm keeping it because as a polyphonic AT keyboard it's quite nice and quite fast, but its MIDI implementation is frustrating and all but unusable for me right now. I hope Arturia release a fix. It would be lovely to hear that they're working on new firmware, but every company is of course usually absolutely silent on these matters these days.

Mecanek

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 08:39:22 am »
Yes, having huge trouble with it. With Local Off and connected to Logic Pro X on any MIDI channel I cannot get it to behave in the same way as any of my other synths. I'm alright only as long as I transmit or receive *only*. I can't leave both input and output connected such that it can be selected when the track is selected as with any other synth (Sub 37, Prologue, Behringer Model D).

My biggest issue is when changing presets with the knob; a huge number of CC messages is sent when this happens, and these seem immediately to feed back unless Knob Send CC is OFF. Once they have done so the synth is frequently left in an unresponsive state or a state where response to MIDI notes has massive lag.

I'm keeping it because as a polyphonic AT keyboard it's quite nice and quite fast, but its MIDI implementation is frustrating and all but unusable for me right now. I hope Arturia release a fix. It would be lovely to hear that they're working on new firmware, but every company is of course usually absolutely silent on these matters these days.
I have the exact same issue. I can only tweak the knobs, record the MicroFreak and hear what I’m doing if I have local on, record to another channel, and afterwards switch it to MF’s channel for playback. If I set local off and have to rely on MIDI to play and tweak the MF through my DAW (Ableton), I get this CC loop that freaks out the MF. It happens both through USB and MIDI. The MIDI Thru setting doesn’t change anything.

Gutted. Bought it last week and fell in love with it instantly, but thinking about returning it now, because it feels very unstable.

Mecanek

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 07:24:15 am »
Technical support says they’re working on it  8)
‘This is a known and logged issue, the display is indeed acting like the knobs were touched when using MIDI CC's, and also causing feedback.

The DevTeam is working as we speak to fix this on a future Firmware update.’

rgarner

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 02:09:22 pm »
Hey Mecanek, thanks a ton, that was what I was hoping to hear. I said to the guy in the (physical!) shop I bought it from when he asked how it was "yeah, it's absolutely brilliant and also almost unusable in a studio".

Mecanek

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 04:57:22 pm »
Well, that's disappointing: I've been waiting for a firmware update since august but here it is and this issue still isn't resolved  :(

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 11:15:22 am »
Hi everyone,
as answered on other related posts, yes we definitely having issues with CC handling with DAWS when the MF is in local off.
just for the record, and you may have all noticed it , no more CC is sent when changing presets or powering up the unit on firmware 2.0.3.
We're currently gathering all complains regarding the 2.0.3 update, and will work hard with devs to solve these issues ASAP.

thanks for your patience, and sorry for the inconvenience.

best regards,

Mecanek

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2020, 11:13:09 am »
Technical support says they’re working on it  8)
‘This is a known and logged issue, the display is indeed acting like the knobs were touched when using MIDI CC's, and also causing feedback.

The DevTeam is working as we speak to fix this on a future Firmware update.’
Almost a year ago now  :(

anglerfish96

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2020, 11:40:28 pm »
I spent *hours* trying to figure this out! ARGH!

Mecanek

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2020, 08:44:31 pm »
As much as I’m excited by the new vocoder function and I do enjoy the MicroFreak in general, it’s really disappointing to see new firmware without the fixes that were promised more than a year ago  :(

csurieux

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2020, 11:29:02 pm »
As much as I’m excited by the new vocoder function and I do enjoy the MicroFreak in general, it’s really disappointing to see new firmware without the fixes that were promised more than a year ago  :(
Indeed, we are so many expecting these fixes.
Nice vocoder add, but still impossible to send even a simple CC 7 to manage output level.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines