March 29, 2024, 11:53:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: System requirements for V Collection and more  (Read 3550 times)

parrotzoo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
System requirements for V Collection and more
« on: August 05, 2019, 01:49:13 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm using the full V Collection 7 plug-in suite, some Arturia effects (Compressors and Pre-Amps), Spark, and some other plug-ins. My PC struggles to cope CPU wise, as it's not the newest model (top AIO PC from 2014, with Intel i7, 16GB RAM). I'm unable to use Analog Lab as it uses too much resources and the system crashes. DAW is Ableton 10 Suite. I'm thinking about buying a new Windows PC (no need to recommend to switch to Apple then), but I'm not sure what to focus most on in terms of specifications? A very good processor? Is the latest Intel i7 enough? How much RAM do I need, is 16GB enough or do I have to have 32GB? What else do I need to consider? I want to buy a desktop PC (tower, AIO). Note, I will use the PC also for other tasks, like MS Office, internet etc. Appreciate if the experts among you can help me out and advise what you think is most important. Thanks!

Ruedi  :)

LBH

Re: System requirements for V Collection and more
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 06:59:16 pm »
Image-line have made a quite good help here: https://support.image-line.com/action/knowledgebase?ans=214
There are also links for other relevant pages.

Keep in mind it's guidelines.

Your welcome to return, if you have questions that's not answered in the articles in the above link.

There are other guides out there, but the essense is the same.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: System requirements for V Collection and more
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 01:56:41 pm »
I'm using an eight year old quad core i7 iMac with 8GB of RAM, there is nothing in Analog Lab 4 which even makes it break out into a slight sweat. Your current Windows PC should run rings around it. I know that doesn't answer your question, but perhaps your issue is nothing to do with having an under-spec'd machine. You surely do not need 32GB of RAM and a top of the range i& processor just to run a few plugins. Something else is wrong. Perhaps it's worth investigating why you are having issues with your current hardware rather than throw a ton of money at a completely new build. Unless you really are looking for a reason to buy a new PC regardless.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines