March 29, 2024, 11:15:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 4 incompatible with Ableton live 10  (Read 2692 times)

kjonesdp

Analog Lab 4 incompatible with Ableton live 10
« on: August 04, 2019, 09:08:29 pm »
Is the definitive answer that I threw my money away on Analog Lab 4 if I expected to use it with Ableton live 10?
Is there any way that it can be stable and functional on the platform?

LBH

Re: Analog Lab 4 incompatible with Ableton live 10
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 09:40:30 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I believe many are using Analog Lab with Ableton 10.

So what's your problem? What do you mean by "stable"? Have you searched the forums for similar issues?
Which version of Analog Lab 4 do you use? How do you know your issue is about Analog Lab?
Are you on MAC or Windows?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 12:54:01 pm »
Is the definitive answer that I threw my money away on Analog Lab 4 if I expected to use it with Ableton live 10?
Is there any way that it can be stable and functional on the platform?
A bit more info regarding what issues you are having might be helpful instead of just throwing your toys out your crib.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

gphantom

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 07:22:05 pm »
For one thing, when installing AL4, did you specify the VSTs location so that Ableton would find it?
I myself created a folder in the C:\ drive called:  "AllVSTs" and set that location for AL4 AND Ableton so that any vst based synth is saved to a single location... I also have "AllVST32" for 32 bit VSTs for various programs.

That might be the problem.

kjonesdp

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 01:52:20 am »
Thanks everyone. I'm happy to hear that I should have no problem with using Analog_Lab_4_4_0_3_2918 with Ableton Live 10 on my MAC if I install it properly. The demo version was running fine and I upgraded in the course of working on a piece. What appeared in my system was unusual looking version of Lab 4 with an overall red tint, that crashed anytime I tried to adjust a parameter. Google search turned up a long line of reports about compatibility issues, which led me here in a somewhat depressed state. The truth is, I am new to Ableton and the problem is likely user error.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 01:58:12 am by kjonesdp »

LBH

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 04:17:10 pm »
The demo version was running fine and I upgraded in the course of working on a piece. What appeared in my system was unusual looking version of Lab 4 with an overall red tint, that crashed anytime I tried to adjust a parameter.
Analog Lab demo version is the same as the none demo version, but just not activated. So if the demo version worked, then it should work.

If you for some reason should have done things in a way where you have Analog Labs files installed twice, then this can have an impact like you describe. I suggest you search you MAC to find out about this.

gphantom

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 03:48:10 pm »
Actually, I had the same problem a while back.  If I remember correctly, I think I installed the 32bit and 64bit VSTs in the same folder which cause everything to go wacky.  You can try to reinstall AL4 and specify different folder for the 64bit VSTs (also, get rid of the other VSTs in the folder first)
As I said, I THINK that was the problem.  If that doesn't work, write to Ableton and you should get a response (if you have the INTRO version at least)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines