March 28, 2024, 11:44:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MULTI's + Assign Mode issue  (Read 1109 times)

fenderchris

• Apprentice
MULTI's + Assign Mode issue
« on: July 30, 2019, 01:03:59 pm »
I have set up my remote controller (Nektar P1) to control the 10 faders and 10 rotary knobs displayed by AL4. This works perfectly for single instrument patches, but when using a Multi patch this setup only controls Part-1 of a Multi - Part-2 and Live/Mixer pages do not respond to the remote controls, even though essentially the same 10 knobs and faders are displayed in AL4.

Is it possible to use the same assignments for all three pages (Part-1, Part-2 and Live/Mixer) ? - After all, each page contains the same 10 knobs and faders (although the actual values are different). As only one of the three pages is active at any time it would make sense to use the same remote controller configuration for each page.

As far as I can see at the moment, to remotely control a complete AL4 Multi I would need a controller that has at least 30 knobs and 30 faders! - which is a bit impractical, unless I'm missing something.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 03:18:41 pm by fenderchris »
Windows-11, 64gb ram, Nuendo 11.0.41, V7 Collection, Pigments, OB-Xa, CS-80 V4.

gphantom

Re: MULTI's + Assign Mode issue
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 05:35:07 pm »
I have a feeling that you really don't want the same values for both multi-part instruments.  One instrument might be lower in volume or the filter might be set differently.  On the keylab essential controller, there is a selection to control Part 1 or Part 2 or live.  On a different controller, you might not have those functions.  You might want to capture midi codes using a Keylab Essential controller (or other that has multi part selections) and see which codes are sent in order to target part 1 or 2 at which point, you might want to program two buttons to send those same midi codes to emulate the Keylab essential.  You could also ask Arturia via a problem request for those codes and then map them.

LBH

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 06:55:45 pm »
@fenderchris
I think there is a major bug. I have reported this: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=95363.0#msg158258
I think the issues you mention is a part of the same.

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 12:17:17 pm »
I have a feeling that you really don't want the same values for both multi-part instruments.  One instrument might be lower in volume or the filter might be set differently.  On the keylab essential controller, there is a selection to control Part 1 or Part 2 or live.  On a different controller, you might not have those functions.  You might want to capture midi codes using a Keylab Essential controller (or other that has multi part selections) and see which codes are sent in order to target part 1 or 2 at which point, you might want to program two buttons to send those same midi codes to emulate the Keylab essential.  You could also ask Arturia via a problem request for those codes and then map them.

Obviously I don't want the same values for both multi-part instruments in a Multi, and I don't want to use Keylab keyboards - not everyone does.

The Part-1, Part-2 and Live  switches you mention are KeyLab-only features so are not available on a 'generic' controller like the Nektar P1.

What I am suggesting is that in 'Generic Midi Controller' mode the generic controller should control whichever part is currently on top/active in AL4 - Part-1, Part-2 or Live. That does not seem too difficult to achieve as each of the three sections contains the same 10 knobs and 10 faders (albeit with potentially different assignments and different values). So for example, Knob-1 on the controller should always control the visible Knob-1 on the active AL4 tab, not an invisible knob on an invisible tab.

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 10:35:38 am »
The restrictions described in this thread actually make Multi's pretty much unusable for me accept in the unlikely event that I do not want to modify anything using a generic remote controller.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines