March 29, 2024, 04:31:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minilab MK2 30 day frustrating experience  (Read 2581 times)

fretduster1010

Minilab MK2 30 day frustrating experience
« on: July 28, 2019, 06:04:09 am »

Hi all,

First of all i thought as my first midi keyboard aesthetic wise,nothing beats it.so clean,compact,portable and a vert nice looking MIDI kb.The problem comes in its buggyness or should i say,unreliable behaviour getting it to work with my pc(intel i7 3770k,16gb,120 ssd and amd r290).It works 30% of the time and the rest it just doesn't.I watched all the youtube channel i could ,read reddit for solution even coming as far as forcing my way into this forum just to look for answer(the verification questions aren't beginner friendly.who the heck knows moog's best synth?and why asked this especially to those who probably never used any moog iin their life and anybody who wants to join the forum for whatever reason?

Anyway,I tried everything i could to make it work,downloaded everything into the same drive as ableton live lite 10.It sometimes work when i restart my computer so many times that it will work on analog lab 4,but when i open that in ableton live,it wont trigger anything at all.I know that I do need press shift+1 for analog lab 4 and shift+ 8 for ableton and i have the preset 2-7 to use because the mentioned ones are reserved for those particular programs.I knew that its amazing when it works because it worked one day or two  and i get to use it and it was a responsive as i want it to be,but on the next day ,same parameters,same projects and same configurations and it wouldn't work again.

Now i am guessing that it isn't my computer because it wont work in the first place if if that is the case.I hope i can find some answers here before i return it.

rdoursenaud

• Apprentice
Re: Minilab MK2 30 day frustrating experience
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 05:20:23 pm »
Sorry for digging your old topic. Hope you already found a solution since then.

I guessed that your problem could be background application still using the keyboard.
I wanted to let you (and others that may stumble upon this post) that, on Windows, the generic USB-MIDI driver windows uses are not multi-client.
Meaning only one application at a time can communicate to and from the keyboard.
Make sure you close the previous application before opening a new one.

If any Arturia employee reads this forum, please license Tobias Erichsen’s usbMIDIDriver which is a generic USB-MIDI multiclient driver for Microsoft Windows.
More informations at: https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/usbmididriver.html

Sorry if my reply is unrelated.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines