March 28, 2024, 09:56:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BEATSTEP PRO CONTROL MODE  (Read 1539 times)

Ingrinator

• Apprentice
BEATSTEP PRO CONTROL MODE
« on: July 23, 2019, 06:44:53 pm »
Hello, I'd like to assignate midi control to each of my drum sequencer sounds. So when I go to control mode, while it's playing, I can change the pitch of different sounds separately. like assign the 4sets of knobs to each pads, like for each sound of the drum sequencer I can change for instance pitch, ADSR, filter, volume of each sound

is that possible? hope this makes sens

cheers

croakascagbaron

• Apprentice
Re: BEATSTEP PRO CONTROL MODE
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 02:36:26 pm »
I was trying this yesterday with my TT-606. In the drum machine's manual, the MIDI implementation chart states that BD Tune is controlled by CC20. When assigning CC20 (via MCC) to the first knob in Control Mode and setting the correct MIDI channels (Ch.2 in this case) I could not get it to work. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? It seems pretty straight-forward to do but I could not figure it out. Any input is appreciated!

Ideally, I'd like to set as many of the parameters in Control Mode to things like BD Tune, SD Attack, HH Tune, etc. for quicker manipulation while a sequence is running. Those CC#s are documented in the manual and it states that they do receive input.

croakascagbaron

• Apprentice
Re: BEATSTEP PRO CONTROL MODE
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 01:36:24 pm »
For posterity, the solution to my problem was that you have to send or "Store to" the controller configuration changes to the device. They don't change automatically like other parameters do when you edit their values.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines