March 28, 2024, 03:34:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A person can dream can they — turning MF into the ultimate CV controller  (Read 1130 times)

black_dingus

• Apprentice
Hi. A crazy idea — what if the CV output voltages are adjustable PER KEY and saveable with preset?
Either in the MicroFreak itself (by holding the key and rotating a knob) or in the software, or both?

This way MicroFreak becomes the ultimate CV controller for all of us with experimental / West coast / microtonal / non-12ET stuff in mind.
Possibility of loading SCALA scales would be a bonus but not really necessary.
Sort of like Serge TKB. Or Buchla 112. With presets. Wow.

What do you think?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 11:49:32 pm by black_dingus »

ambientLA

• Apprentice
Re: A person can dream can they — turning MF into the ultimate CV controller
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 11:26:53 am »
I love this idea and was thinking of something similar. The idea would be that you could go into an Edit Scale mode, and while holding the key you want to tune you would adjust the pitch by turning a knob, maybe the rate knob? Ideally I'd like one mode where you retune just the notes you plan to play and then when using this mode to playback those are the only keys that sound plus all the octaves of those notes of course. A second mode that I think would be super handy would be to retune just one "scene" when the octave is not up or down, you could go note by note and tune to any scale you want and even octaves up and down the full range. This would make it easy to play live a wider range of notes. If it were possible to use the rate knob for editing one press could take you from course adjustment to fine tune. Course would just go up by semitones and fine by a finer degree.

black_dingus

• Apprentice
Re: A person can dream can they — turning MF into the ultimate CV controller
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 04:25:30 pm »
The idea would be that you could go into an Edit Scale mode, and while holding the key you want to tune you would adjust the pitch by turning a knob
Exactly. I hope this request was logged.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines