April 24, 2024, 11:07:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cannot update firmware on MacBook Pro with thunderbolt (USB-C)  (Read 1162 times)

gossamerjohn

Hello.

I have a MacBook Pro with 4 "thunderbolt" (USB-C) ports. They are not regular USB connector ports. I am trying to update my brand new KeyStep Black using the supplied USB cable connected to a USB/Thunderbolt adapter. I am NOT going through a USB hub of any kind.

Every time I try to update the firmware it says device is un-recognized and tells me to remove the USB Hub. I do not have a USB hub.

I have tried removing the device(s) in AudioMIDI control mutliple times but it keeps happening.

How do you update the firmware on a Mac with only Thunderbolt ports?

I have contacted support and gotten no response and there is nothing on their website about this.

Thank you in advance.

Guillaume Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
Re: Cannot update firmware on MacBook Pro with thunderbolt (USB-C)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 04:48:53 pm »
Hi John,

Sorry to read about the troubles faced.

It seems that my support team colleagues did reply to your ticket yesterday.

Indeed, if you still cannot even update your unit on any other computer and if you tried multiple USB ports and another USB cable as well this may confirm that your unit may be defective.

Sometimes, the use of USB-C adapters can also cause detection and communications problems with Midi controllers.

As a suggestion, if indeed the unit is working fine on another computer with common USB 2.0 ports the best would be to use such direct cable along with your computer which only has USB-C ports to resolve these problems :

https://www.amazon.fr/Cable-Matters%C2%AE-USB-C-Micro-tress%C3%A9e/dp/B00UUBRYS0

If you're not able to use it as expected on any computer make sure to reach your reseller in order for your unit to be handled and either serviced or replaced depending on their warranty policy.

Indeed, do not hesitate to come back to us if needed.

Kind regards,

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines