April 16, 2024, 06:15:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Polyphonic MiniBrute  (Read 3059 times)

woodenfingers

• Apprentice
Polyphonic MiniBrute
« on: March 27, 2019, 09:09:22 am »
Hello Minibruters !

I was just doodling on my MiniBrute the other day and it occurred to me that it would be great to have a polyphonic MiniBrute.

Let’s say with 4 MiniBrutes connected via midi, all manually set identically, how would it be possible to get a combined polyphonic synthesizer with 4 voices rather than a a 4 voice unison synth.
Does anyone know if this is possible to achieve?

I’m no midi guru, but I have done the same with a Moog Little Phatty and three Slim Phattys , the combination was glorious.

The MiniBrute is a fantastic synth and it would be fantastic to have a polyphonic minibrute by combining 4 of them together, but how would you go about doing it?

I’m guessing that there would be some sort of midi management required to send the first key to the first synth, second key to the second synth etc from an external midi keyboard- I have a Keylab 61 , so that’s a start.
Any midi gurus out there to point me in the right direction?
I think the results would be great, and add a few effects boxes, and Robert would be your mothers brother....
Anyone tried to do this ? Any guidance really appreciated.

Many thanks
W.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Polyphonic MiniBrute
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 08:31:05 am »
Hello Minibruters !.....
and Robert would be your mothers brother....
Anyone tried to do this ? Any guidance really appreciated.

Many thanks
W.

LOL I thought I was the only person who used that spin on the old saying!

Get yourself a MIDIGal box from MidiSizer: https://midisizer.com/midigal/ It can split chords into different notes and assigned the notes to different channels making it to stack any monosynths for creating a Frankenstein's Polysynth. Until about a year ago, you could get all the components for the build from the big-name component suppliers, but now there are a few which seem to be discontinued making DIY pretty much impossible.  Good thing that Midisizer are selling factory built units still.
I own (some would say way too) many monosynths and really should buy one as I have dreamed of doing a poly-stack with them for years now....
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

woodenfingers

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 03:16:28 am »
Thank you for the information. I’ll definitely look into this.
I’m in the same club as you (far too many synths 🤪) , so would be interesting to use those too , as well as a multi polybrute .... now starts the experiment! 😁😁

woodenfingers

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 03:29:07 am »
Yeah ‘Bobs yer uncle’..... Roberts your mother’s brother....
Tis a great phrase 😁

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines