March 29, 2024, 01:56:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Preset Bank Problem  (Read 5627 times)

ahmadkawi

• Apprentice
Preset Bank Problem
« on: July 21, 2019, 04:18:33 pm »
Hello, just yesterday, i bought the Vangelis tribute preset bank. For some reason, it opens inside Analog Lab without any presets!!!

Anyone encounteredt his problem before? I already tried reinstalling analog lab again, but that didn't work.

LBH

Re: Preset Bank Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 04:40:11 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia Forums.

You have posted in forum for the legacy product Analog Laboratory. There is a forum for the current Analog Lab.
But i assume you do have Analog Lab 4.
If so, then it should work. How have you installed the Vangelis Tribute bank?

You say the it opens inside Analog Lab, but without any presets. What excactly do you mean? Do you have any presets at all in Analog Lab?

When you say reinstall, then have you uninstalled Analog Lab before installing again?

Are you on Windows or MAC?
If you are on Windows, then it might help to delete the file db.db3, unless the issue is about the Vangelis installer or such. On Windows the db.db3 file is located in the hidden folder at C/ ProgramData/ Arturia/ Presets. I suggest you back up the db.db3 file before deleting it, even if it should be created again, when you open Analog Lab after you have deleted the file.

ahmadkawi

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 08:24:23 pm »
Hello there!

Thank you for replying. I'm afraid I was joining and navigating the forum on my phone. Didn't realize there was another forum section for Analog Lab 4!

I'm working on a Mac, but now i'm tempted to try it out on my Windows laptop.
I didn't uninstall first. I just reinstalled.
I already installed other preset banks from the Sound store, some of the free ones. And they were added without trouble.
The Vangelis bank, I bought from the website. It automatically registered and appeared in my Analog Lab 4, but two things. When you open it in the My Library section of the Store, it shows no presets. And, in the main Analog Lab preset page, it shows all the preset banks, except the Vangelis one. I could provide a screenshot later.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 08:39:36 pm »
That's ok.

When you open it in the My Library section of the Store, it shows no presets. And, in the main Analog Lab preset page, it shows all the preset banks, except the Vangelis one.
This seems to suggest there is an issue with the preset store and/ or the downloaded installer. In that case i suggest you contact Arturia support directly through your account.

If you have'nt downloaded the installer, then you can try that and install using that. Perhaps that install the presets.

EDIT: I have just checked the store. If i select Vangelis Tribute, then it shows all the 59 presets. Perhaps there have been an issue, so you can uninstall the bank from you computer and then reinstall it through Analog Lab. EDIT END
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 08:51:05 pm by LBH »

ahmadkawi

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 10:05:18 pm »
Hello again!

Well, I did contact them, but they haven't replied yet unfortunately. However, I did solve the problem. Thanks to you.

I searched for the folder where the presets are installed, and decided to remove the preset patch file. I removed to the desktop, opened analog lab, now it recognizes that the preset bank needs to be downloaded, and i did so, and voila, it worked.

Thank you for your help : )

LBH

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 11:32:59 pm »
Your welcome.
Glad it work.

Thanks for reporting back.

I doubt Arturia support answer in weekends.

I hope you enjoy your new presets.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines