March 29, 2024, 08:17:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pigments stand alone, and Keylab 61 MkII  (Read 2245 times)

fillerupmac

• Apprentice
Pigments stand alone, and Keylab 61 MkII
« on: July 21, 2019, 01:32:26 am »
MkII is in Analog Lab mode. The mouse is hovering over the LightBulb in upper Right Corner.

I can use the arrow keys on the MkII to change presets - that works fine. If I leave the mouse cursor hovering on the Lightbulb, and press either arrow key on the MkII, the description of the Preset, boxed in the center of the screen, does not change. The name of the creator does not change. ONLY the information about the creator and his photo changes.  Also in the description of the Preset (left panel) the Style changes, but nothing else in that panel.

If I move the mouse cursor OFF the Lightbulb, and back ON the Lightbulb, the rest of the information updates correctly.

It makes sense that ALL of that information should update with the change of the preset.

Windows 10, 1809, Nvidia GTX 1070, latest driver.

Al Schlafli

LBH

Re: Pigments stand alone, and Keylab 61 MkII
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 12:50:54 pm »
I don't have a Arturia controller yet. But Pigments is'nt Analog Lab, so should'nt you have it set to User mode, when you use Pigments alone?
And also set Pigments browser to be controlled by your controller. It's done in the browser window at "Browse presets with MIDI controller". I don't know if this is done automaticly, when an Arturia controller is connected. Check it.

What happens if you do the above?

fillerupmac

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 12:04:56 am »
But Pigments is'nt Analog Lab, so should'nt you have it set to User mode, when you use Pigments alone?

Maybe, but more functions (buttons)   work in A Lab mode than User mode.  Maybe I could program/assign some functions in User mode, but why reinvent the wheel?
I also notice that in Browser mode, Preset info and comments change correctly.   But when I hover on the Lightbulb,not everything changes.   (I liken this to Microsoft products - Microsoft sometimes has a good idea, but they don't always finish the programming!)

And also set Pigments browser to be controlled by your controller. It's done in the browser window at "Browse presets with MIDI controller". I don't know if this is done automaticly, when an Arturia controller is connected. Check it.

Already set to MkII.

Al Schlafli

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 12:41:44 am »
Maybe, but more functions (buttons)   work in A Lab mode than User mode.  Maybe I could program/assign some functions in User mode, but why reinvent the wheel?
I assume it's called Analog Lab mode because it's designed to use with Analog Lab. That the modes purpose. I don't know if thing's in other aaplications will work correct, if you stay in that mode. But it's possible to create different configurations in the individual applications and also different User maps for your controller.
Analog Lab is an application where Arturia have made a controller layout, that work out of the box, with their controllers. They can only assign a control to some parameters in the individual applications, as they have many more parameters.

Why is that reinventing the wheel? In eaxample to control certain parameters in the individual applications through Analog Lab also require some sort assigment. Are those assigments also like reinventing the wheel?
I don't think, i can follow you.

Can't you use all browser functions in pigments including selcting Types and such, when you are in User mode? Can you do it when in Analog Lab mode when using Pigments only?

I also notice that in Browser mode, Preset info and comments change correctly. 
Does'nt this indicate that Analog Lab mode is intended to use with Analog Lab and User mode with other applications?

But when I hover on the Lightbulb,not everything changes.
What do you mean? What should change where?
Each preset have it's own tooltips.

LBH

fillerupmac

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 06:01:50 pm »
LBH -

I mentioned this issue in the Tech Support section, we'll see what they say.  I'll update this when I hear back from them.

Al

LBH

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 03:51:23 pm »
Okay.
I'd like to know?

LBH

fillerupmac

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 04:10:41 pm »
G. from Tech Support verified the issue, and hopefully the correction will be included in the next update.

He was able to reproduce the problem from the same description I gave you - I guess it helps to have the MkII controller!

Thanks for your assistance anyway!
Al

LBH

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 04:32:26 pm »
Thanks. So you are suppossed to use Analog Lab mode when using individual applications like Pigments? If so, then that's good to know.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines