March 29, 2024, 12:24:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Should I return this or is there an update?  (Read 1385 times)

rgarner

• Apprentice
Should I return this or is there an update?
« on: July 15, 2019, 11:47:02 am »
The Microfreak is, I'm afraid, unusable as a portable studio instrument due to a plethora of CC messages being sent on prog change or startup. Local OFF exacerbates the issue and can put the synth into a state where it just can't respond. It's just no use with USB over MIDI, I can get it into a loop with Local OFF just turning the synth on. I spend more time fiddling with parameters in Midi Control Center – if it will connect – than making any music.

The only thing it's good for right now is noodling on as a standalone device or as a controller with a nice keyboard for other aftertouch-responsive soft synths. The chances of recording the internal sounds reliably, especially with sync, are very low.

Is there a firmware update coming imminently? My return window is closing, and I think I should make use of it. I don't want another Korg Prologue scenario where I'm left with an unusable device for many months.

Is anybody else trying and failing to use this in a studio setup with USB MIDI? I don't need to hear from those who don't use USB for MIDI; I do, with three other synths, and it's fine with them.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Should I return this or is there an update?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 04:21:53 pm »
Hello rgarner,
on the 2.0.3 update, no more cc are sent on power-up nor when changing presets.

but yes something' is still definitely wrong regarding the local control OFF when used in a DAW especially for CC handling.
currently investigating.
sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.
thanks

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines