March 28, 2024, 02:51:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Tip: Aux fed back through input for filterbank of external FX insert.  (Read 2182 times)

pstnotpd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
You often hear that you should be able to set up a good approximation of a system 55 on an origin.

One thing obviously lacking (unfortunately) is a fixed filter bank module and the module limitiations and the limitid number of modules allowed in a program also doesn't help

However during experiments I noticed something that might be considered a workaround. I always assumed the individual aux outputs would respond to the mixer settings, forcing the output on main to be the sum of all aux outputs in a multi. This turns out not te be the case.

You can route (for instance) aux 3 and 4 to the inputs using regular patch cables.
Then create a multi with a synth program in slot 2 and an FX program in slot 1 the output of slot 2 gets routed to the inputs on the FX.
If you now switch of slot 2 on the mixer the direct sound isn't audible in the main mix, but it can be heard through the FX program in slot 1 and obviously manipulated.

This also more or less allows an external effects insert by putting an effects processor (or even a second origin) between the aux output and input.
I'm also going to try to put a external mixer in between so that I can route any one or combinations of the slots back to the inputs.

Has anyone tried this before? If so, what more tricks can you think of utilizing this?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines