April 25, 2024, 06:49:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MatrixBrute as Audio in (DAW)  (Read 1836 times)

Rickz

• Apprentice
MatrixBrute as Audio in (DAW)
« on: July 07, 2019, 06:25:19 pm »
Dear Forum folks,

I am trying to do the following: Record the audio output from my MatrixBrute into my DAW, or into Audacity if that is possible using only the USB cable.
(Again i am not sure if this is possible but on my other synth (Roland System-1) I can select the device as an audio input within windows/reason).

Right now I have gotten as far as to record my device's midi, I can play anything on the matrixbrute, even play with the knobs and record it in my daw and then I can press play and it will play my recordings back on the matrixbrute device itself. So it records the midi output but it wont record the audio it self for me to play back in my daw even when the matrixbrute is disconnected.
Perhaps I am missing something crucial here. Do I need an external audio device (such as a Focusrite Scarlett), or how have you guys set it up i would like to ask.
As for my daw I am using Propellerhead Reason 10 which find the midi device and I can record it but as soon as I connect a audio track to it, it says no audio input.
Any ideas are very welcome.

Kind regards,
Rick
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 06:27:35 pm by Rickz »

ease

• Apprentice
Re: MatrixBrute as Audio in (DAW)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 08:02:55 pm »
HEllo,

It's not possible via USB, you need to use a soundcard interface for the left and right channels 1/4 out of your matrixbrute to be recorded in your DAW, there is no Digital to Analog converter in this synth! USB is only for data like midi, sysex and firmware.
Cheers,

Rickz

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 08:05:30 pm »
That is good to know, so I can now stop fiddling with the options and focus on a soundcard interface. Thanks a lot! 8)

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 02:17:47 am »
Yeah, the system 1 is a digital synth, basically a computer, so it doesn't need to convert the audio signal to digital information and it is rather easy, to output the audio via usb. The MatrixBrute is an analog synth though, it needs an audio interface to be recorded (or tape :) )

Rickz

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 11:34:05 am »
Thanks a lot guys, i'll get one of those FocusRite Scarlett 2i2. Guess that will do the trick.
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!  ;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines