April 20, 2024, 05:48:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pitch Bend Issues - some new information  (Read 1262 times)

shmuelyosef

• Apprentice
Pitch Bend Issues - some new information
« on: July 04, 2019, 01:27:01 am »
I have noticed that lots of folks are having difficulty with adjustment of the pitch bend function on the Keystep.

I noticed early on that no matter what I do, the output of pitchbend will ONLY do +/- 2 steps

Initially, I only tested this with MIDI-connected devices. In the last few days, I've connected it to some modular/semi-modular devices, and can say now that using the CV Pitch input, the bend provides exactly the pitch bend range specified in MCC. However, using the MIDI input on the same synth (tested this on a MiniBrute 2S) every setting just produces pitch bend range of +/-2.

This is a pain, because I love the bass sounds on the MB2 and am a bit addicted to the one octave sweeps of pitch at the start and end of bass lines...

Anybody have a different experience??

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Pitch Bend Issues - some new information
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 04:46:30 pm »
Hi shmuelyosef,

This is the expected behavior.
The pitch bend range setting is in the CV/Gate settings area of the MCC and is applied only for CV out.

The pitrch bend when sent via Midi is a standard midi message from 0 to 127.
If you want to tweak the range in midi you must change the setting on the unit your are driving via midi.
With the MiniBrute 2 keyboard there's a control for the bend range on the front panel. For the 2S version the setting is available in the MCC and by default is set at 2 semi tones ;)
Hope this helps !
.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines