March 29, 2024, 09:34:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Volume fader  (Read 1024 times)

michaelft77

• Apprentice
Volume fader
« on: July 04, 2019, 12:14:26 am »
hey folks, new to Arturia..... I've been using the synths thru Komplete Kontrol.... great sounds..... just realized today that Arturia has its own
engine analog lab 4...... The interface is beating me up however..... my expression pedal cc 11 is not working and the volume fader off to the
lower left can't be adjusted..... I've been at it for an hour..... this is pretty basic stuff..... anybody out there that can help?

michaelft77

• Apprentice
Re: Volume fader
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 03:22:24 am »
ok, so I just realized I can bring up Analog Lab within Komplete Kontrol..... DUH!!

I've noticed that my expression pedal cc 11 works with the Hammond and other organ patches....
how would I program the cc 11 pedal to work with the other synths?

thanks in advance.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 01:23:33 pm »
I think that would rely on whether the virtual instrument responds to Expression, the organ does but not all of the synthesizers will, because they didn't in real life either.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 01:52:33 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Midi CC#11 is a reserved midi number in Analog Lab. CC#11 can be used for many things. Midi CC#7 is the generel midi chart number for volume.
Some of the V-Collection applications that provide the sounds use it in modulation matrixes, as a part of the preset. This is quite normal for many applications out there.

An application like B3V2 has CC#11 assigned to the swell pedal by default. That's why that work for you.

The result is, that you can use expression CC#11 on the sounds where it's applied in the applications where the sound is created. So you basicly need the individual applications to do so.

An Expression pedal can be assigned in different ways in the individual applications. Also through Analog Lab if you have the individual applications. This is also an information for MajorFubar.

You can in example apply midi CC#7 to control Analog Lab controls.

The volume parameter for all applications is availble in the parameter list in Analog Lab and can be controlled there, but only by not reserved midi CCs.

If you in an none Arturia application somehow can assign midi CC#11, then keep in mind, that midi CC#11 allready can be assigned to control other things.

About Analog volume fader:
It can be a good idea to search the forum for issues.
A new problem with the master volume fader have been reported here:
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=95186.0#msg157703
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 01:54:54 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines