March 28, 2024, 09:56:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: User Presets  (Read 2114 times)

Fang

User Presets
« on: June 26, 2019, 10:39:59 pm »
Hi,

I'm new to AL4, this is a really silly question but when I save a preset, I can't seem to load it into AL4..

I can't even see my user bank, only factory bank

Please help me :D

LBH

Re: User Presets
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 10:47:43 pm »
hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

You have to describe step by step how you save a preset, if anyone shall have a chance to help you out. What's said in the dialog boxes, when you save a preset, and what do you write and do?

Have you looked in the manual?

Is your Analog Lab 4 activated?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 10:59:28 pm by LBH »

gphantom

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 04:00:27 pm »
Ah yes, saving your preset.  I myself had gone through every preset in AL4 in order to save as my own bank.  When you "save as" a preset, you have the NAME and below, the BANK.  In your case, you selected the default USER.  In my case, I've created many banks, each representing an instrument like "STRING plucked" and "PERCUSSION" and "BELLS" and "TRUMPETS" and many more.  When I want a particular sound like "CELLO," I unmark the FACTORY bank and click on the "CELLO" bank which was created when I saved the preset.  If you have FACTORY only selected, you won't see the one you saved so, you need to unselect FACTORY and click on USER to see your saved preset.
The hardest thing you can do, is predetermine which banks you want to create when you SAVE AS since if you want to modify or change the spelling of a preset, you need to select that bank (Let's say you misspelled DRUM and spelled it DUM without realizing it,) select the saved preset and SAVE AS DRUM.  Once you modified all of the ones in DUM, that bank won't be listed anymore.

Good luck.

Fang

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 06:07:28 pm »
Ah yes, saving your preset.  I myself had gone through every preset in AL4 in order to save as my own bank.  When you "save as" a preset, you have the NAME and below, the BANK.  In your case, you selected the default USER.  In my case, I've created many banks, each representing an instrument like "STRING plucked" and "PERCUSSION" and "BELLS" and "TRUMPETS" and many more.  When I want a particular sound like "CELLO," I unmark the FACTORY bank and click on the "CELLO" bank which was created when I saved the preset.  If you have FACTORY only selected, you won't see the one you saved so, you need to unselect FACTORY and click on USER to see your saved preset.
The hardest thing you can do, is predetermine which banks you want to create when you SAVE AS since if you want to modify or change the spelling of a preset, you need to select that bank (Let's say you misspelled DRUM and spelled it DUM without realizing it,) select the saved preset and SAVE AS DRUM.  Once you modified all of the ones in DUM, that bank won't be listed anymore.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply,

However I can't even see the different backs I've saved under or load any of my saved presets

gphantom

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 06:10:53 am »
Ok, I see what's happening.  There's nothing in your instruments and other fields.  I had the same problem until Arturia told me what to do.  There's a bug in the latest AL4. 

What you have to do is end the AL4 program then start the file explorer (Assume Windows, not Apple)

Go to the following directory:  C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Presets

Look for the file:  db.db3   and erase it.

When starting AL4 again, it will see the file missing and then reload all of the presets on the system, even the ones you saved.  This could take a minute or so.  Why this happens is anyone's guess and only Arturia knows for sure.  I'm guessing that they changed the file structure but forgot to reload it.  I myself, when building new versions of software, would look at the size of a data file and if it doesn't match the length of what I expect, would reload the data and resave it.

There you have it.  Good luck.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines