April 23, 2024, 02:51:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KL88 pads/chords?  (Read 1520 times)

tonycore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
KL88 pads/chords?
« on: May 08, 2019, 06:17:08 pm »
i don't know when this disappeared, but i cannot find any way to program or use chords any more with my KL88. in the KL manual:

"With Analog Lab active and a Sound selected, play one of the KeyLab pads. You will hear a note or chord played on the selected synthesizer. The exact chord can be defined inside Analog Lab by clicking on the blue tab on the right side of the virtual keyboard (the one labeled CHORDS). A virtual panel will slide out to the left and allow you to specify a different chord per pad."

there is no blue Chord tab in AL4 that i can see (just as there is no option for the Snapshot buttons any more).

am i missing something? or is there no way to play chords with the pads any more?

thaks,

tony

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: KL88 pads/chords?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 01:58:01 pm »
The chords function was part of Analog Lab. Then it was removed, I think in Analog Lab 3. There's an old post asking about this shortly after AL3 was launched, and Arturia responded to say it would be reinstated via a software update. This never happened, and as you have correctly noted, the feature is still missing-presumed-dead in AL4.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

tonycore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: KL88 pads/chords?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 02:43:46 am »
thanks, yeah, i dug up those old messages...i wonder what they were thinking?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines