April 20, 2024, 05:01:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bank Naming  (Read 2787 times)

rthorderson

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Bank Naming
« on: August 05, 2019, 04:27:57 pm »
Dear Team, I cannot seem to figure out how to rename a bank of presets, except by changing each preset one-by-one. Things I have tried:

1) Clicking the Bank...with the AppleKey, OptionKey, etc...does not want to let me change it
2) Select all the Presets in the Bank (using the shift key) and changing the bank...gives me an error that the Preset Name is not valid

I searched the manual but could not find any direction there.

P.S. LOVE THIS VI SO MUCH! It was my first Synth and I have missed it!

Randy

LBH

Re: Bank Naming
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 04:45:07 pm »
Please keep in mind, that this is mainly a user forum, even if Arturia sometimes does answer here.

You can't rename factory presets, if that's what you are trying to do.

If you wan't to rename or relocate a factory preset, then you have to make a copy of each preset and use "Save As".

Please tell, if your issue is'nt about factory presets. Also please tell what name you try to use and where.
You should be able to change Bank names for multiple user presets at a time. It's been quite a while ago i have done that though.

rthorderson

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 05:33:11 pm »
No, I am not trying to rename Presets (although I think you can). I loaded presets via the SysEx Import tool...worked great...except I want to change the name of the BANK of those presets. e.g. "ROM1A". If you don't the next import adds the presets to the same "SysEx" Bank...and 32 presets becomes 64 in the same SysEx Bank with no way to know which import it originally belonged to.

I have successfully changed the Bank Name by changing it on each-individual-preset...but this is VERY slow and I am hoping for a better way.

Randy

LBH

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 05:59:41 pm »
If you was trying to change a bank name for a factory preset, then that would be renaming. That's what i meant.

I have just tried to rename a Bank and multiple selection. And i get the same error meassages as you do. To me this is a bug. I have done this before with succes.
I also believe there have been an option to rename the bank in the left browser.
Look like there is bugs or something has changed to not work as great as i believe it could before and still should.

I suggest you contact Arturia support through your account.

I have'nt time now. But i think i need to have a try in other applications to see if this is generel. Have you tried in other applications?

LBH

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 07:07:59 pm »
Unfortunately it look like something has changed in the applications.

But i don't see any point in multiple selections if it can be used to do anything. Also i don't understand why a simple rename of a bank is no longer possible. I would say this is a bug. Anyway it should be fixed, as it's important for preset management to be able to edit banks, and multiple presets at the same time.

rthorderson

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 08:41:55 pm »
Agreed, thanks for confirming it was not just a user error on my part...reaching out to support now.

rthorderson

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 12:39:36 pm »
The support team provided this solution which worked great...it actually looks like a nice way to quickly manage/sort other presets in the other Synths!

===========================

It seems as if indeed it was not possible at the moment to rename a bank or at least not from selecting all of the presets from the said bank and changing the name for all of them.
I will log this and notify my colleagues in the dev department.
In the meantime you can rename the bank to its root in your OS.
Go to the following :
Library/Arturia/Presets/DX7/User and rename your bank there,
From there restart the DX7 software and you should be all set!

===========================

LBH

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 01:13:08 pm »
Thanks.

Yes for tasks where that is sufficient that can do.

It sound like Arturia is on it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 01:15:10 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines