March 29, 2024, 09:07:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ableton messing with knobs in control mode  (Read 721 times)

bahadorq

Ableton messing with knobs in control mode
« on: June 30, 2019, 04:17:27 pm »
Hi
in Control Mode when knobs are set to CC they only give fixed values of 0 or 127, that's what's showing in the display of bsp but in Ableton they work just fine.
but in VCV Rack they only give those value, 0 or 127, no number in between.
I did a reset factory and it went back to normal and when I opened Ableton again the same problem happened

AlexBD

Re: Ableton messing with knobs in control mode
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 09:57:56 am »
Same problem here, but this time not working in Ableton neither. In MCU/HUI the knobs work fine, but in CC all I get in Ableton is 1 or 127, nothing in between. It could be a bug the new firmware. Anybody with same issue and a solution to fix it?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Ableton messing with knobs in control mode
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 10:39:43 am »
What knob mode are you in, relative or absolute?  Relative modes work only with certain daws, (not sure which ones, not my thing).  Absolute sends the absolute value, so it sends a value between the upper and lower limits you have set for the knob.  Not exactly how relative works, but I think it works like NRPN data wheel messages in that it sends an up or down message for the receiving device to adjust its current value with.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines