March 29, 2024, 06:31:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: DAW MODE doesn't work keylab mk2  (Read 3259 times)

gitaration

DAW MODE doesn't work keylab mk2
« on: June 30, 2019, 10:45:42 am »
Hi,

Ableton Live 10.0.1 - Windows 8

I got my arturia keylab mk2 61 yesterday and I can't seem to get the DAW mode to work. When I select DAW mode on the keyboard, the pad knob (the tiny, round knob, not the pads) just blinks but all the other knobs/faders/pads don't respond to anything. They don't light up. I have no clue what I am doing wrong.

The keyboard works fine with analog lab and in user mode it is also usable, but I bought it also for it's deep and immediate integration with Ableton, which doesn't work atm.

In the preferences tab I have it both the Keylab mk2 and the Keylab mk2 port2 selected. I tried all the different combinations of selecting the functions but it just does not work. I also upgraded the firmware and did a factory reset but nothing works. I don't get it.

Does anybody have any experience with this problem, and if so, how do i fix it??

Aldo45

• Apprentice
Re: DAW MODE doesn't work keylab mk2
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 06:16:23 am »
Try this:

Hold DAW button for a second until it flashes > turn the knob and select Live > push the knob to confirm.

In Ableton Live Preferences:

• Control surface > Select 'Keylab MKII'

• Input dropdown list > Select 'Keylab MkII DAW'

• Output dropdown list > Select 'Keylab MkII DAW Out'

• On Windows the DAW ports are named 'Port 2'.

In the MIDI Ports section:

•  only turn on the TRACK and REMOTE options for the KeyLab MKII (MIDI) don't turn them on for the DAW ports.

• On Windows the DAW ports are named 'Port 2'.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 06:31:53 am by Aldo45 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines