March 28, 2024, 06:48:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute gate remains on  (Read 1450 times)

Davesax1965

Minibrute gate remains on
« on: June 27, 2019, 05:18:29 pm »
Hi folks, wonder if anyone can help me with a problem on both my Minibrutes ?

I'm using them to control a modular synth. The gate remains open (and the note drones in the background) after the ADSR on the synth has cycled. (Yes, the Minibrute gate is set to KBD.)

This problem occurs both using MIDI and CV.  The AMP setting on the Minibrute LFO is set to 0 as well.

The modular synth is patched up OK, I built the entire synth myself at component level. There are several ADSRs which are triggered at once, but the gate out goes through an active multiple so there is no signal loss (checked, multimeter). Basically, the modular side of things is fine but it just seems to be some form of problem/ issue with the Minibrutes. The problem also occurs when just one ADSR is controlled on the modular. Even the simplest direct patch from the Brute to the modular using CV produces the same problem - the note plays, you release, the gate closes, but the last note continues to play at lowered volume as a drone in the background.

I have two Brutes, they control a bank of oscillators each. All have been flashed with the latest firmware and I can't see any issues which could relate to the Brute's configuration settings.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines