April 19, 2024, 09:58:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Latest V6 loads noticeably slower  (Read 1151 times)

Tallguy

• Apprentice
Latest V6 loads noticeably slower
« on: June 26, 2019, 09:26:49 am »
Yesterday I upgraded my V6 collection to the latest version, the one where everything went 64bit. As a result, a project that has lots of instances of V6 synths loads noticeably slower.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Latest V6 loads noticeably slower
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 12:59:23 pm »
Probably because the size of the plugins is larger (though I haven't checked). You might be able to speed things up, and definitely reduce the load on your processor, by converting any tracks you've completed from midi to audio. The exact process varies from DAW to DAW, on my DAW (Logic Pro) its called Bounce In Place, but your DAW may have a different name for it.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Tallguy

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 02:39:37 pm »
Oh, sure, I can bounce in place. But the fact remains that the Arturia plugins just take way longer to load than any other VSTs. And they've become slower in their latest incarnation. Their user-friendliness has been reduced. That should never happen.

DEVO

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 10:34:58 am »
I'm just noticed this after updating to the latest version. It it not slightly slower either. It's massively slower. Definitely nothing to do with the plug in sizes. Hopefuly get a fix soon. 

scheffkoch

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 11:30:44 am »
...same behaviour here (with ableton being the host daw)...hopefully this can be optimised via a plugin update...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines