March 28, 2024, 06:52:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Laboratory 61 keybvoard not mapped properly in analog lab 4  (Read 2529 times)

mylorman

• Apprentice
Hi I posted this a while ago this evening but it appears it was deleted.
I have just purchased a matrix brute on sunday . Whilst i was waiting for it to arrive i decided to try and use my laboratory 61 key controller with analog lab 4 .. I cant seem to get the pitch wheel to map properly in the analog lab 4 software .. HOW CAN I FIX THIS ???

LBH

Re: Laboratory 61 keybvoard not mapped properly in analog lab 4
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 05:32:32 pm »
Hi I posted this a while ago this evening but it appears it was deleted.
Hi,
Do you mean this post https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=95219.msg157714#new , that you have posted in Analog Lab 4 forum?

Pitchbend is'nt a midi CC. I don't have the laboratory controller, so can't tell if it was possible to reprogram the PB. I can't tell if something is wrong either. I understand in the above thread of yours, that you are missing one direction.
Does it help if you set the controller in Analog Lab 4s lower toolbar to Generic MIDI Controller instead of to Laboratory?

If this does'nt help, then i suggest you contact Arturia support directly through your account.

EDIT: I assume you have chosen Laboratory as controller in the Audio and Midi setup for standalone and otherwise your settings in your DAW is correct. EDIT END.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 05:45:06 pm by LBH »

mylorman

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 05:51:33 pm »
ummm oops .. yes you are correct there about my post in the other forum page .. am new here and just started using the forum .. my bad .. sorry for the accusation folks.
As regards the problem .. when i select the laboratory or generic midi modes and try to use the pitch wheel .. it does not allow for full use of the pitch wheel .. by that i mean it does not rotate smoothly between zero and 1 value  .. it starts at 0.5 and just jumps to 1.0 without any gradual change as you move the pitch wheel.. i can re=assign it to a knob but that defeats the purpose of using the pitch wheel i guess.. any suggestions ? would be nice to use the pitch wheel midi smoothly over the whole 0 to 1 range just the same as i use the mod wheel ( the mod wheel does move smoothly throughout the whole range 0 to 1)

LBH

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 06:38:29 pm »
it starts at 0.5 and just jumps to 1.0 without any gradual change as you move the pitch wheel.
This is strange? Does the pitchbender work correct in other applications both from Arturia and from other vendors?
Can you rule out it's a hardware failure?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines