March 29, 2024, 08:02:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Tempo as modulation destination (CORRECTION - This is already possible)  (Read 1705 times)

rickeverything

I would love to introduce subtle and extreme variation in tempo in my patches. It would be so fun to assign the lfo, cycling envelope, or even pressure to make the timing more dynamic in arpeggios and sequences. Thanks for the consideration and all the work you do!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 12:59:14 am by rickeverything »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Tempo as modulation destination
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 11:25:13 pm »
The tempo is available as a mod destination. Just press one of the Assign 1-3 buttons an turn the Rate/Swing knob, then assign the LFO (or other source) to the assignable column you used.

rickeverything

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 12:57:26 am »
Wow, I could have sworn that I tried to do that and it did not register! I even had a vague memory of reading in the manual that this was not possible. Maybe I was getting it confused with the inability to assingn parameters accessed by the "Shift" button (that one is real right...?).

Anyway thank you for the correction I'm going to go play some wonky arpeggios now.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
OK - nice!  :D

One of many cool things to do is running synced tempo and LFO rate and using an Assign X column for LFO to tempo. Then a running a sequence or arpeggio with a little twiddling of the tempo and LFO rate knobs (that are now divisions) will make different rhythms. A square wave on the LFO gives "steady" rhythms. Example patch attached - the LFO to Assign 3 matrix mod amount (tempo mod) can also be 'played' for rhythmic variation, and so can the cycling envelope.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 05:16:19 pm by DrJustice »

black_dingus

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 01:21:18 am »
The tempo is available as a mod destination. Just press one of the Assign 1-3 buttons an turn the Rate/Swing knob, then assign the LFO (or other source) to the assignable column you used.
Unfortunately, it does not seem to work. Rate/swing knob does not register. I have the latest firmware.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
It works fine here on the latest firmware. Does the patch I attached above work?

black_dingus

• Apprentice
thank you. it's magic! turns out the rate / swing knob HAS to be in "not synced" position (the LED is not lit)

chapelierfou

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Tempo as modulation destination (CORRECTION - This is already possible)
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2019, 03:50:12 pm »
This would be wonderful if this could modulate the SYNCED rate. Please...

Trevor42

• Apprentice
Re: Tempo as modulation destination (CORRECTION - This is already possible)
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 05:23:36 pm »
+1 please work when in sync mode
Juno 6, Poly 61, Casio CZ-1, Moog MF-105M, Digtech Talker, Microfreak, Ipad (AUM), Pianotech, Modular and Ableton.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines