March 28, 2024, 11:43:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Feature Request: add Preset Search in MIDI Control Center  (Read 713 times)

psrb125712

Feature Request: add Preset Search in MIDI Control Center
« on: September 16, 2022, 07:50:50 pm »
Hi, there - I'm a new MicroFreak user, learning the device and working through the helpful tutorial videos by Arturia and others. As I try to follow along the videos, I'm trying to find the factory presets that are used to demonstrate some of the features such as the Cycling Envelope so I can try and hear the same changes demonstrated in the video.

It struck me how difficult it is to find a preset on the device, especially given that there are potentially 384 presets, and multiple releases of the Factory Presets collections (1.0 thru 4.0).

I wouldn't expect the device itself to have the ability to search (although that would be super nice!) but I was surprised to find that the MIDI Control Center list of presets on the device does not have a Search capability.

There already is quite a good interface for searching presets on the Computer side, by name, type and characteristic,  but no obvious way to search the presets loaded onto a connected device. I found this surprising, especially since all the same data is available in the MIDI Control Center when a preset is selected in the app's UI. 

Adding a Search for presets loaded on a connected device would be a very valuable enhancement to the MIDI Control Center, and I assume this would be something users of other Arturia hardware beyond MicroFreak would find useful too.

Thanks for listening.
Chris

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines