April 19, 2024, 07:04:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Film Scores Featuring the MatrixBrute  (Read 1372 times)

Tripi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Film Scores Featuring the MatrixBrute
« on: June 12, 2019, 07:52:29 pm »
Hi there.   I'm always interested in hearing how people use the MatrixBrute out in the wild.   Particularly in film scores or television scores.   Mark Mothersbaugh gave it a work out on the Thor: Ragnarok score.  Alexandre Desplat used it on his score for Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.   Anyone know of any other recent scores?

FWIW, I gave my MB a spotlight in several cues for the MA score, and also the score for The Fix (an ABC series).    The Ma OST is on Spotify.   The last two tracks (I'm Not My Mother & Up In Flames) were made with some custom MatrixBrute patches I created.   https://open.spotify.com/album/5gNPSs3OhKnGvsq99rIL6H

Aside from the lack of FW updates.... I do love this beastly synth.

Greg

TimeEchoProductions

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Film Scores Featuring the MatrixBrute
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 10:38:45 pm »
I don’t have any info to add but to say I think
it’s a great topic, and I very much enjoyed listening to
your soundtrack. Thanks for sharing, and nice work, Greg!

KrisL

• Apprentice
Re: Film Scores Featuring the MatrixBrute
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 03:15:33 pm »
Hi there.   I'm always interested in hearing how people use the MatrixBrute out in the wild.   Particularly in film scores or television scores.   Mark Mothersbaugh gave it a work out on the Thor: Ragnarok score.  Alexandre Desplat used it on his score for Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.   Anyone know of any other recent scores?

FWIW, I gave my MB a spotlight in several cues for the MA score, and also the score for The Fix (an ABC series).    The Ma OST is on Spotify.   The last two tracks (I'm Not My Mother & Up In Flames) were made with some custom MatrixBrute patches I created.   https://open.spotify.com/album/5gNPSs3OhKnGvsq99rIL6H

Aside from the lack of FW updates.... I do love this beastly synth.

Greg

Hi Gregory - great work on the soundtrack  :) 

I've used the MB on a few projects.  One is scheduled for release this November.  I've also used it on some pop tracks (one rap, and one commercial).  But I ghostwrite for some folks, rather than having my name on projects, so I can't directly share the details. 

But yes, I thought I'd pop by and let you know that the MB is being used on various commercial projects. 

And yes - great instrument, but updates etc are something of a trainwreck, and Arturia are unfortunately killing their reputation in the process. 

All best
Kris

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines