March 28, 2024, 08:20:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Changing Leslie Speeds with Ctrl #64 not possible?  (Read 3121 times)

StephenJamesBennett

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Changing Leslie Speeds with Ctrl #64 not possible?
« on: June 19, 2019, 03:15:32 pm »
All clone wheel organs I've used use the sustain pedal to change leslie speeds. When I try to use this controller with B3-V,  nothing happen and it stays unassigned.

Other CC numbers work fine.

Is it not possible to use 64?

Stephen

LBH

Re: Changing Leslie Speeds with Ctrl #64 not possible?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 05:16:52 pm »
Arturia have actually don't mention in the B3V2 manual that midi CC#64 is reserved for the HOLD function. But that's why you can't assign midi CC#64 to anything else.

StephenJamesBennett

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 04:54:50 pm »
Ah, thanks.

I suspected as much.

What a pain.

Stephen

LBH

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 07:58:23 pm »
You can use xtra pedals that us other midi CC numbers, or change midi CC number for your hold pedal, if you have those possibilities. It's not like you can't use a pedal for leslie speed.
In a DAW you might even have a possibility to redirect your hold pedal to use automation parameters like for B3vs leslie speed. Perhaps you have other options.

fredmant

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 01:30:15 pm »
All clone wheel organs I've used use the sustain pedal to change leslie speeds. When I try to use this controller with B3-V,  nothing happen and it stays unassigned.

The BD-33 clone which comes with Pro Tools, from AIR, allows you to use the expression pedal to control both the speed and the brake. So all the way up, the speed is slow, all the way down it is fast, but in the middle area, it applies the brake. It is very natural to use. I can't say the same about the Arturia's use of a separate brake control in the GUI. I ended up having to throw the break on the Mod wheel, so I have to take my hands off the keys to brake. Not helpful Maybe they could create a knee-control add on for the Mk2  ;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines