March 28, 2024, 04:53:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Make rocker switch turn off or turn on with same hardware switch  (Read 2336 times)

fredmant

• Apprentice
Hi, I'm trying to make the first switch on my KeyLab MKii (under the left most fader) control a rocker switch on the B3-V2 organ. I'm starting with the upper register Vibrato (furthest rocker switch on the left of the software instrument).  When I enable midi learning and click on the rocker in the software (rocker is in vibrato off mode at this time), and then push the physical hardware button I described on the Mkii controller, it does assign the button to the software vibrato rocker - but only to turn it off. So If I use the mouse to turn on the vibrato, I can only use the button to turn it off. I want the button to switch the state of the rocker all the time. So if it is off, turn it on. If it is on, then turn it off.

The min/max values and the relative switch do nothing, nor would I expect them to. In my midi control center which controls the hardware to software interface, on the Analog Lab read-only device memory, that button on the Mkii is defined as a switch control, not an RPN/NRPN or a Program Change button. This sound like what I want. The option value for that button is also set to toggle, again, what I want.

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

LBH

Re: Make rocker switch turn off or turn on with same hardware switch
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 04:37:24 pm »
It work with one toogle button over here using my controller.
So if your Off value is 0 and your On value is 127, then it should work. But which CC number do you use?

fredmant

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 01:16:52 pm »
for some reason the forum isn't allowing me to attach screen shots. When I right click and assign the toggle key, it then says after assignment that it is CC 30, Ch 1)

If i look at the Arturia Midi Control Center program which controls my midi keyboard, the KeyLab Mk2, that  physical toggle switch shows CC 22, (actually "22-undefined) - changing it to 30 here to match the B3 instrument doesn't make the toggle act any different. 

What controller are you using LBH?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 02:36:09 pm »
I use an old Novation SL MKII right now. That should make no difference.

I have attached an image of the Midi learn window. It's normal. (Click on Attachments and other options and browser to a file under "Attach:".)
If you right click like you you say, then you unassign the control. You should just open the Midi Learn dialog box by left clicking, and then press your controller button to assign a control.
I think it's strange, if there is a difference between the CC number in your Arturia Midi Control Center and the CC number your controllers button send when you assign it, if that's the case. Is it so?
I assume the undefined is just telling you, that the CC number is'nt a defined control in a generel Midi CC chart.

Can you get button toogle to work in other cases?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 03:01:35 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines