April 26, 2024, 08:11:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: PB strip & MOD strip stop transmitting  (Read 897 times)

MultipleChoice

• Apprentice
PB strip & MOD strip stop transmitting
« on: June 15, 2019, 10:06:22 pm »
Hi community,

when I use the KS quite often I realize after a while that either the PB and/or the MOD strip stopped working. When or how exactly that comes to be, I don't know.
If I then analyze MIDI output in MCC, there is no MIDI data being sent anymore from the "frozen" strip(s). They stop sending entirely (on USB & MIDI).

After an unplugging/replugging (a button would have been still nice on this device ;) ) it is working again as it should for a while until the freeze again...

Tested it with firmwares 1_0_1_15 and also 1_0_0_5, both produce this bug. Also a friend with a new KS is reporting the same issues.

Does anyone else have these issues? Is there any solution? Or just unplug/replug every time?

I am not using the KS live so far, and this will prevent me to do so...

Unfortunately it turns out to be more and more just an unreliable toy (with all the other bugs I encountered by now, especially around note recording/editing).

MultipleChoice

• Apprentice
Re: PB strip & MOD strip stop transmitting
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 05:53:18 pm »
This issue comes from syncing the KS. After syncing it occasionally stops transmitting MOD/PB-strip data or both.

From Arturia-support:

"As an information, i was able to reproduce the described issue on my end after some tries as this seems to be pretty random, was able to sync it 10 times without facing any problem and then suddently ...

I did face the same issue with the Mod strip not working, then with the pitch strip and with both as well.

We'll reference this in our database for further investigations.

I'll provide to my colleagues all these information hoping that my colleagues will be able to narrow the cause of these problems and to fix it."

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines