April 18, 2024, 10:01:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 4 Will not work  (Read 3172 times)

drose@ptd.net

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog Lab 4 Will not work
« on: June 03, 2019, 11:37:54 pm »
I have installed and re-installed Analog Lab 4 as an upgrade from (3), and cannot get the audio and midi settings to work properly. My midi keyboard selection disappears as soon as I come out of the settings box. Audio settings will not work. Keeps telling me not connected or cannot change audio settings try another device. Also the one setting that will work will not allow me to change buffer size. 64 is the only available option. I checked my audio interface and everything is up to date. Any help would be appreciated,

Window 10 64 bit
16 gig of ram
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU ES-26700@260Ghz
64 bit processor and operating system
Tascam 2x2 Audio Interface

CC4

• Beta-testers
Re: Analog Lab 4 Will not work
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 04:47:38 am »
Are you trying just to get it to work in standalone mode or as a plugin in a host? It sounds like you may have to try several more things to narrow down exactly where the problem is occurring.

Running Analog Lab in standalone mode, I only get one buffer size option as well and changing the sample rate from Analog Lab doesn't totally work either. But I get an option to "Show Control Panel" (with my interface) and if I make the changes in the interface's control panel first, then those changes are applied when I reopen Analog Lab.

You could try ASIO4ALL, which is a hardware independent low latency ASIO driver for WDM audio devices, just to see if that works. It may help your decide if you should concentrate more on you interface, host, AL4, etc....

drose@ptd.net

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 01:02:18 pm »
No. I understand the difference using it in standalone vs a plugin with a daw. Analog Lab 3 allowed me to change buffer parameters in standalone mode but now I see that does not work like it did with Analog 4.  However, with that said. I happened to run a full system security scan yesterday and when I got home I noticed that Analog Lab 4 was minimized in the tray. I must have left it open before I left for work.  For the heck of it I attempted to set the audio settings and it worked in standalone mode so I opened Reaper and re set the audio settings ,(I do use asio4all by the way), and it is now working. This includes the b3 organ sounds that would not work before. Go figure, ghost in the machine? This is after a week of following all instructions from the Arturia techs which I duplicated multiple times in order to make it work with no results and verifying all hardware and software pertaining to this was up to date. Thanks for your assistance.
Regards,
Rich

CC4

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 02:37:12 pm »
You can't assume anyone's knowledge when helping them out on a forum. Initially I had problems with the VST3 version of AL4 in my host and its fix was a bit more lengthy to explain, so that's why I asked. Glad you got it working.

IMAWriterRobJ

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 11:20:42 pm »
Apologies, but I couldn't find a Start new topic button.
Quick question: in V7, if I open Analog Labs, can I instantiate another instrument FROM there, allowing me access to all the instrument's parameters? I'd like to choose the instrument after some quick auditioning, as opposed to just clicking on a synth, and finding it not what I need. I realize there are 4 instruments not available in NKS ('ve have an NI S88).
Thanks, and agin apologies for the intrusion.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 01:15:49 pm »
Apologies, but I couldn't find a Start new topic button.
Quick question: in V7, if I open Analog Labs, can I instantiate another instrument FROM there, allowing me access to all the instrument's parameters? I'd like to choose the instrument after some quick auditioning, as opposed to just clicking on a synth, and finding it not what I need. I realize there are 4 instruments not available in NKS ('ve have an NI S88).
Thanks, and agin apologies for the intrusion.
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I assume you mean VC7 (V-Collection 7) - Have a look in Analog Lab 4s manual section "3.5.6. Editing a preset".

What does NKS have to do with your issue?
You don't have the same preset exchange functionality between the individual applications in V-Collection and Analog Lab if you use NKS, if that's what you mean. You'll have to test, what you wan't to do, to see how it works for you.

The "New Topic" button is in the top of a selected forum section like in example "Analog Lab 4/ Technical issues" forum section, when you are logged in. The New topic button is'nt there, if you are reading a certain thread like this.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 01:46:05 pm »
As LBH says, you can open up the individual synths from Analog Lab 4, providing you have full purchased instrument installed, not the time-limited demo. But it sounds like you have V Collection 7, so you shouldn't have any problems there.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines