March 29, 2024, 01:21:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How To Stop Phasing On Synth Collection? (Hit Panic Button?)  (Read 1222 times)

alto6

I'm not sure how to properly describe this, but it sounds like because the oscillators are not always in sync (i think, happens a lot in the prophet) the synth sounds like it falls in and out of phase.

Its most problematic with basslines (obviously).

I always open up the synth and hit the Panic button in the corner, and then the synths first few notes sound like i how i want to to, but then it falls back out of phase and the bassline just doesnt sound right.

Is there a way to turn this sort of modulation off?  I have to bounce to audio and then basically comp the best notes. drives me crazy, but i love the collection and sounds.

hope i explained this correctly.

LBH

Re: How To Stop Phasing On Synth Collection? (Hit Panic Button?)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 03:00:30 pm »
Are you sure it's not a natural drift from the analog behavior emulation or a detune between oscilators and such? That you can't stop.
A sound file might help to understand. And naming some factory presets might also help.

In Prophet V3 you can try this:
If you have set more voices than 1 in the lower toolbar, then use all playmodes but "Circle". Or set voices to 1 if you have set the playmode to "Circle".
Does this make a difference?
I agree that there are very much phasing when using multiple voices and circle playmode playing one sound of in example 2 saws at the same level and in equal tuning.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 03:13:03 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines