April 26, 2024, 08:16:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: cant turn on GLIDE  (Read 1195 times)

turbo_kev

cant turn on GLIDE
« on: June 11, 2019, 09:09:07 pm »
Hi
Could someone please tell me why on a certain patch
I cant turn on the glide button

I thought it maybe had something to do with the mod matrix
so turned all the mods off

is there something else in a patch that could stop the glide working
other patches are ok
cheers
kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

standingwave

Re: cant turn on GLIDE
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 09:12:33 pm »
I'm not in front of the brute, but the sequencer overrides the glide so it can tie notes I believe.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 11:35:08 pm »
That's right, standingwave. When you switch on the sequencer the Glide can not be manually enabled, and is instead controlled by the Slide[1] row in the sequencer (it's not connected to the ties).

[1] Note that Glide is called Slide in the sequencer - they are the same thing

turbo_kev

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 12:21:39 am »
HI

so what im trying to do is this

iv got a sequence playing  in duo split
with the lower keys  but I wanted to enable glide on the upper keys

is this not possible then

cheers
kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 12:51:59 am »
No, unfortunately not, since using the sequencer locks out the use of manual Glide and in Duo Split Glide only works for the lower part.

This might be subject for a feature request along the lines of
 - Ability to use Glide manually when the sequencer is enabled if no Slide steps are enabled in the sequence. Relates to request for Glide in upper part in Duo Split mode.

BTW, prior to the current firmware (1.1.0.73) Glide worked only for the upper part in Duo Split mode, and now it works only for the lower part. The change may have been because the sequencer, which may use Slide, works with the lower part. I consider this a bug because (1) it breaks old patches and (2) most people would probably want Glide for the upper part that is played manually (or for both parts...).

So another feature request might be:
 - Ability for Glide to work in both upper and lower part for Duo Split mode, e.g. using multiple Voice button presses for the Duo Split position to cycle between Glide enabled for both/upper/lower with the LED blinking in different rates for the upper/lower choices.
Or a simpler solution:
 - In Duo Split mode when the sequencer has no steps that are using Slide, Glide can be enabled manually and will then work for the UPPER part.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 12:19:47 am by DrJustice »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines