April 20, 2024, 08:34:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New version of MatrixBrute coming soon?  (Read 1764 times)

MichaelMonkey

• Apprentice
New version of MatrixBrute coming soon?
« on: June 07, 2019, 04:55:13 pm »
Hi everyone.  I'm new to the forum and just bought a MB yesterday. 

The reason for the topic headline is that I bought the MB from Guitar Center "on clearance" for many hundreds of dollars less than the normal GC price.  I also declined the "open box" they had at my store, and was told they only had five "new" ones in their whole national system.  The guy didn't say they are discontinuing the MB at GC, but their inventory is very low and they are on clearance.  The guy at my local store didn't think they were getting anymore, and they were trying to get rid of the floor model.

They also had the DrumBrute on "clearance" so I did buy their last remaining one, which was the floor model, for dirt cheap.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: New version of MatrixBrute coming soon?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 05:35:11 pm »
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new synth!

I think you simply lucked out with a bargain ;D

There are no rumours of a new version, and IMO it wouldn't make too much sense at this point - I think the sound and feature wise scope of it should keep it relevant for  a long time. What we are getting is a new firmware revision soon'ish, which could bring some new features (there has been talk about improving the sequencer).

MichaelMonkey

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 06:34:53 pm »
Thanks for the reply, Dr.  I've been reviewing the posts on this forum for about a week and have already learned quite about about the MB from your posts, even before getting it. Whenever they do discontinue it, though, doesn't matter, if it is what I want now, which it is.  I had a Roland A90-EX for like 20 years before gifting it to a friend's children for them to practice their piano lessons.

My MB, though new, still had version of 1.0 of the Firmware. The Midi Control Center software seems pretty glitchy, but was able to upgrade the firmware to what I'm guessing is the current version. I was not able to transfer some of the free presets available at Arturia.com over to the MB, kept getting error messages from MCC, so I gave up.  Fortunately, I didn't lose any of the factory presets on the MB in the process.

I am looking forward to many years of fun figuring out how I want to use the MB. I have on order a Strymon Big Sky Reverb pedal, which should add some additional dimensionality.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 07:33:06 pm »
I haven't had any problems transferring patches with the MCC, using the latest version of both it and the firmware from the resource page. Running that on a Windows 10 machine. All the usual advice with not using a USB hub and reinstalling the MCC applies - you've probably tried all that. If you can't get it running I'd contact tech support; it is supposed to work after all... It's also the only way of backing up patches.

Got a BigSky here too, but after two years I still don't dare running the MxB through it - I'm afraid it'll sound too good, and I really like the built in BBD stereo delay, so I'm sticking with that for the time being  :D

MichaelMonkey

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 03:14:12 pm »
Well, I figured out the MCC transfer of presets issue.  I had fiddled with the "Memory Protection" switch after reading the manual--I think it might have incorrect information.  Anyway, I switched it back to whatever it was, and now the issue is not an issue. 

That's funny--about not wanting the MB to sound too good through the BigSky.  I get it, though.  I have a Korg Kronos that has plenty of digital effects I can apply to sounds, as well as the ability to run the MB through a bunch of effects on my Mac, I bought the MB to use on its own, or to connect it to a few other analog stuff I am picking up over the years. I am thoroughly enjoying using my MB connected only to a DrumBrute (I picked up a floor model on the cheap when I bought the MB) up here at the cabin in the North Woods of the US.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 04:44:44 pm »
Ahh, yes - the supplied manual has the memory protection switch is the wrong way around. There is an updated one to download from the resources page. There aren't many changes, but it It corrects that at least.

Re. the BigSky, I'm half joking of course, with emphasis on half...  :P  I have tried it briefly... and it sounded too good, IYSWIM, and I see that you do  ;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines