April 25, 2024, 04:50:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Multiple pad and knob changes in a sequence  (Read 1148 times)

Itslovelybythesea

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Multiple pad and knob changes in a sequence
« on: June 07, 2019, 07:48:35 am »
Hi

I've seen somewhere that the rollee/looper can be used to input 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 notes in a sequence, but I can't seem to get it to work. Also, is there a way to change multiple pitch, velocity and gate levels in a sequence?

Thanks in advance 😁

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Multiple pad and knob changes in a sequence
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 08:46:29 am »
You can use the roller/looper to roll a note or loop a series of steps in real-time, but you can't record roll or loop into the sequence.
You can change the velocity and gate lengths of all the steps in a sequence at the same time either relative to their current settings or so that they all go to the same setting by pressing and holding shift then changing knob one (for relative changes) or knob two (for absolute changes). Whether you are changing the gate time or the velocity level depends on what mode you are in.
To change all the notes of a sequence relative to their current values, use the sequence transpose function. To change all the notes to the same note, press and hold step one, hit the note you wish to use, then hit the last note. That will do a quick program of all the steps from one to sixteen to the note you hit.
Make sure you save the pattern once you have finished all that or your changes will be lost as soon as you change patterns.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Itslovelybythesea

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Multiple pad and knob changes in a sequence
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 10:46:44 pm »
Thnaks megamarkd  ;D The knob functions were exactly what I was after!!

I don't want to record the roll or loop but I'm sure I saw somewhere that you can use the roller/looper to input steps quickly on the drum sequencer? There was some sort of shortcut that you can press something and then 1/4 on the roller/looper and it places steps at 1, 5, 9 and 13 (pressing shortcut + 1/8 would add every other step and + 1/16 would do all steps)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines