April 16, 2024, 07:10:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Display doesn't show Analog Lab actions when running as a plugin in MainStage 3  (Read 1507 times)

spride

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
When running Analog Lab 4 in standalone mode, the Analog Lab actions and menus are shown fine on the KeyLab mkII's LED display. However when running Analog Lab as an AU plugin in MainStage 3.4.3, the LCD display just shows "Analog Lab" and the rotary wheel and the buttons have no effect.

I recall this used to work, but has recently stopped and I do not recall consciously making any changes. Please help!

Mac OS X 10.14.6
MainStage 3.4.3
Analog Lab 4.0.5.3023
KeyLab firmware 1.1.3

PhilG

• Apprentice
With a Mac, thatīs strange.  :o
For me this happens with quite a lot of hosts running under Windows, like Digital Performer 9.5 & 10, Gig Performer or Cakewalk by Bandlab.
As I just learned from the support, the communication between Analog Lab and the KeyLab MK II is SysEx based.
Maybe SysEx is disabled or blocked in the driver configuration of MainStage.

spride

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
With a Mac, thatīs strange.  :o
For me this happens with quite a lot of hosts running under Windows, like Digital Performer 9.5 & 10, Gig Performer or Cakewalk by Bandlab.
As I just learned from the support, the communication between Analog Lab and the KeyLab MK II is SysEx based.
Maybe SysEx is disabled or blocked in the driver configuration of MainStage.

That's interesting - I just ran MIDI Monitor and turned the control wheel and I see the Keylab sending MIDI Controller 112 with a payload of alternating 64 and 65, on MIDI Channel 1. I see no sysex data coming from the KeyLab at all. 112 is in the Undefined range. I thought this might be a clue because my KeyLab is on MIDI 8 and the knob controller is sending on 1, so I changed the keyboard to 8 and changed the listen channel in MainStage, but no difference.

spride

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
And I went back to an old MainStage Concert and the display <> instrument mapping works here. The only difference I can see is that in the one that works, I am using the KL to control two separate Arturia plugins - Mini V and Jupiter 8V (in splits) instead of Analog Lab.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines