April 20, 2024, 03:08:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Matixbrute backup problem/ question  (Read 1215 times)

omvibes

• Apprentice
Matixbrute backup problem/ question
« on: June 05, 2019, 08:49:27 am »
Hi all,
I want to backup all 256 presets on my Matrixbrute, but can't seem to do it successfully.
Using the midi editor, I select ''Recall to computer', but as far as I see, when I check the recalled presets (with a 'Device....' name), not all of the banks seem to be there, perhaps just the first four or five banks.
Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss something in the manual?
Any advice appreciated, I really want to make sure I have a backup of all my presets on this fantastic machine.
Thanks in advance.
Oli

VAU

Re: Matixbrute backup problem/ question
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 02:45:18 pm »
The complete patch system is so useless in my opinion. We could have had 256 x 256 Patches, with Matrix pages to sort any way we want,
instead we have to use the computer and saving and, even more, sorting is a completely pita.

Vic-tor

• Sound designer & Jedi
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 02:55:24 pm »
Hi !

Sorry to read about this issue.

Using the midi editor, I select ''Recall to computer', but as far as I see, when I check the recalled presets (with a 'Device....' name), not all of the banks seem to be there, perhaps just the first four or five banks.

You are doing this right, an the DEVICE name is expected. However, it should contain all the presets from the machine.

A few things to look into / Try :

-Make sure that the loading is finished (the loading bar is situated at the bottom of the screen and can be easy to miss)

-What exact OS and MIDI control center version are you using ? i know there were some recall issues a couple of months ago but the bug were fixed since, make sure to use the latest MIDI control center available (1.8.0.1031)
https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

-Did you try a different USB cable, port (or if you are using a HUB, try plugging the MatrixBrute it directly to  your computer) ?
It may sound silly but I've experienced very cryptic things with specific cables over the years..;

Else please get in touch with our support team at this address, they are quite responsive and will be willing to help if you still run into this issue :

https://www.arturia.com/support

Best !

omvibes

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 09:41:41 pm »
@ vic-tor, thanks for the input and ideas, I hadn't tried/checked any of them, but will do so next time I am in the studio, and report back.
Oli

omvibes

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 08:21:51 am »
So, reporting back...
Updated Midi control os, and realized that the load bar was off my screen view, so when that was adjusted, loading worked successfully and all now good.
@ Vic-tor: thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines