April 25, 2024, 03:32:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Accidental Mapping of Piano Keys to Daw Parameters  (Read 1859 times)

MoonDust

Accidental Mapping of Piano Keys to Daw Parameters
« on: June 03, 2019, 01:43:48 am »
Hello everyone,

I have a 61-key Essential. I somehow accidentally mapped the piano keys to control the parameters of my DAW  (ex.  D3 brings up piano roll, C#5 open "Edit" drop-down menu) instead of playing instruments. How do I re-route the keyboard back to playing VST Instruments in Fl Studio?

gphantom

Re: Accidental Mapping of Piano Keys to Daw Parameters
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 03:54:56 am »
As far as I know, get into MCC and reset the controls.

MoonDust

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 06:53:41 am »
As far as I know, get into MCC and reset the controls.

That's what I thought to do as well, but everything appears to be normal.. but then again,  I'm fairly new at this (just purchased my keylab last week). Maybe there's something I'm missing. Do you see anything wrong?  Am I missing something?

Also, I looked around to see if there was a 'reset' option in the MCC, but couldn't find it. How can I reset the controls? (P.S- already reset the actual Keylab itself with the octave buttons, no luck).

gphantom

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 04:30:20 pm »
Well, the first thing to try is to set your map to "Analog Lab" on the keyboard controller [MAP SELECT] then [ANALOG LAB] buttons then [MAP SELECT] again.
At that point, make sure that Analog Lab works with it correctly using the controls like [PRESET] [CAT/CHAR] and the [->] and [<-] arrows to control the Analog Lab program.
If that works, try the Ableton map [MAP SELECT] then [DAW] then [MAP SELECT] again.  End the Analog Lab program then Start Ableton then use the DAW controls like [METRO] [UNDO] [STOP] [RECORD] etc.
If all is well then great.  If not then there's a problem because you can't change those settings on the keyboard since they're set in stone.
However, if you're using your keyboard with FL STUDIO, you'll have to set the Media Control Center and set the controls to those codes that FL STUDIO use.
Here's a link that might help

www.image-line.com/support/flstudio_online_manual/html/envsettings_midi.htm

Also, make sure that when you're setting things up in Midi Control Center that you save everything to the keyboard controller as well.  Click on User 1 then STORE TO which will program the keyboard.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 04:32:39 pm by gphantom »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines