April 19, 2024, 09:03:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer bug (missing notes)  (Read 2246 times)

Urbanorangutan

• Apprentice
Sequencer bug (missing notes)
« on: May 30, 2019, 11:40:31 am »
Hi there, I'm looking for some help. I am trying to program a simple sequence on my keystep. However, it is almost unusable because after playing back once the sequencer starts missing/dropping notes. Then I go to the problem spot in the midi control center sequence grid, and delete the notes in order to re-enter them. What happens is there are duplicate copies of some of the notes so my guess it that these duplicates steal the other voices (I am using it to sequence a Korg Volca FM, which has only 3 voices). So I try it again, and the same thing happens except that the notes that are duplicated varies. I have trying making the sequence in the midi control center and inputting manually on the Keystep, but I get the same problem. Also, I get unwanted ties between notes at the end of the sequence and at the beginning. Is there any way to fix or reduce these issues?

I have attached 2 pictures that demonstrate the duplicate note issue in the Midi Control Center. Any advice would be a big help!

Urbanorangutan

• Apprentice
Re: Sequencer bug (missing notes)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 11:43:25 am »
here's the second picture

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 11:52:11 am »
Are you on the latest firmware?
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Urbanorangutan

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 01:43:03 pm »
I updated the firmware twice, and the dialogue box said it was successful, but the number indicating the firmware version in the upper left corner of the midi control center didn't change.

lake33

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 11:33:01 pm »
I am having the same issue as well. My sequence is made up of 3 different notes all on different F octaves.
The first time everything plays well. My sequence ends on F2 & F3 together and begins on F1.
The second time around F1 plays and F2 & F3 turn off (normal). But then F2 starts turning off over and over and over. The midi message reads...

" In:  80  35  40  |  Ch 1 Note Off F2"

Then when it comes time to play its note again, it doesn't play. I uploaded an image and circled the F2 that never plays after the first play-through.

I don't know much about MIDI, but I'll also say that after the first note in the sequence plays (and only the first time) I get this message...
" In:  B0  36  00  |  Ch 1 CC 54 - Undefined"
Edit: Nevermind, this message displays after the play button is let go of. It does not affect this issue.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 12:02:47 am by lake33 »

lake33

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 02:30:16 am »
I updated the firmware twice, and the dialogue box said it was successful, but the number indicating the firmware version in the upper left corner of the midi control center didn't change.
The software doesn't give an exact number on the firmware. I'm guessing that you had the latest firmware out of the box (I did as well).

I just downgraded my firmware to the earlier one listed on the website, and I haven't been able to replicate our issue. The MIDI message that says the note turned off over and over is still occurring, but the sounds themselves are not disappearing. Playback of sequences in general seems more responsive.

I'm really curious if downgrading your firmware fixes this issue. If so, I guess I won't be returning my Keystep.

MultipleChoice

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 06:01:00 pm »
Some of my bug reports, just to give you more information about possible related issues:

1. " ... Also with this firmware 1_0_0_5 now I can not record sequences. There seems to be a bug where notes offs are sent only short before the other note starts, despite being a pause in between (see picture). So basically I cannot record live, it only works if  entered step by step."

See KS_MIDI_Note-off-problem.jpg

2. " ...I was playing around more with my KS and the following happened - see picture attached. Firmware 1_0_1_15.

The notes you see on top are the ones from MCC. Just synced, so the device has got those notes surely saved this way.

(I only write this explicitly, because sometimes additionally to the described problem there is a sync issue. If you change the pattern in MCC often several notes that you changed/added/deleted do not get applied in the KS memory somehow. It takes a couple of times syncing, changing, syncing, changing again the missed notes, syncing, changing again ... etc. until the changes are all synced properly.)

The notes on the bottom show a recording of the KS in my DAW and of course that's how the synth sounds too. Very interesting how the last upper note in each bar looks the same in MCC but is played in 3 different ways."

See KS_note_problem2.jpg

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines