April 25, 2024, 03:35:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab Essentials 61: How do I turn off the lights?  (Read 14265 times)

MrBelm

Keylab Essentials 61: How do I turn off the lights?
« on: May 28, 2019, 10:03:49 pm »
I just set up my Keylab Essentials 61. So far it seems to connect with the software without any problems. However, I can't figure out how to turn off the lights on the buttons. The backlighting sweeps from left to right like the startup sequence, but it never stops. If I unplug and replug the USB power, the lights go off for a while, but then the sweep[ starts again.

How do I make that stop?

gphantom

Re: Keylab Essentials 61: How do I turn off the lights?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 01:08:49 am »
Use the Media Control Center program and go to the section which has "VEGAS MODE" and turn it off.

MrBelm

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 03:33:32 am »
At first I thought you were joking, but no, you were correct. Vegas mode deactivated. Thanks!

gphantom

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 05:08:37 pm »
Although they are fun to watch when the thing takes a rest.  I have mine turned on and when I don't want to see it, I press any key on the keyboard and it stops for a while.

phantom

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 02:35:42 pm »
Hello!
I've tried that, but it says I need to have Windows N. I have win 10 home 1803. Is there another way to turn off lights other than deconnection?

:P

gphantom

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 05:26:33 pm »
It seems that you haven't looked at the MCC program (Midi Controller Center) which comes with the Keylab (though it's been a while, you might have to download it - It's free.)  MCC allows you to control the keyboard, change settings for the controls and also includes the ability to use VEGAS ON or OFF function.
You need to connect your keyboard to your computer, start MCC (don't have any synths running at the same time... Why?  I don't know why it can't but, Arturia must have a reason.)  From there, you will need to read the manual so that you can understand the functions.  You can program different control functions and save them as different MAP SELECT buttons (Drum pads) or as User Templates, which allows you to have various programming for different projects or instruments or DAWs etc.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 01:22:46 pm »
start MCC (don't have any synths running at the same time... Why?  I don't know why it can't but, Arturia must have a reason.)
It's so that MCC has exclusive access to the controller while it essentially reprograms the BIOS. If something else tried to access the controller at the same time, you could brick it.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

phantom

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 11:26:08 pm »
It seems that you haven't looked at the MCC program (Midi Controller Center)
I got that, but haven't really got into it. :P Now i found that thx. Maybe there you can change the midi mapping settings as well?
Like Daw mode to HUI or smthg?

Odal

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 01:54:22 pm »
Thanks everyone for the info. May I ask if it is possible to turn all lights off?
the display?
the Preset led at the bottom right of the display.
I do not need them to shine into my eyes when all I want is to play the keyboard!
(And, what is with all these identification steps? Looks like a secret organization!)

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2020, 03:30:47 pm »
(And, what is with all these identification steps? Looks like a secret organization!)
It's to stop spammers and bots. It doesn't work very well considering never a week goes by where the Audiofuse forum isn't spammed to its knees. The only people who seem to struggle are genuine users.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines