April 19, 2024, 12:03:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: FR: Manual position Function playmode.  (Read 859 times)

LBH

FR: Manual position Function playmode.
« on: May 28, 2019, 09:26:59 pm »
At the time being, then Pigments functions have the 3 playmodes One, Loop and Run.

I suggest to have a Pos (Position) or Man (Manual) playmode. In this mode a Position parameter shall determine where the playhead is. Modulating this Position parameter will determine where the playhead is.

This will make it possible to use the functions playheads position to be controlled by all other parameters including the modwheel, the expression pedal, the Macros, the glide and the LFOs.

I don't mind if any of the above mentioned functions also have it's own dedicated parameters, as that can free other modulators for other things if needed.
But the functionality i suggest will in example provide advanced curves for the modwheel, the expression pedal and the glide, and even if the LFOs parameters and the combinators allready can produce lots of LFO waveforms, then this will add further even more controlled and wild possibilities.
Even more can be done with a feature like this as it can be used by any modulator.

I think this suggetion is in the spirit of Pigments as a modulation monster. Also even if Pigments allready have lots and lots of possibilties. Pigments is a great synth including the sound.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 09:29:06 pm by LBH »

LBH

Re: FR: Manual position Function playmode.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 07:37:55 pm »
In Pigments version 1.2.0.594 Curves for Aftertouch and KBD have been added.
And the new Remap function in the Combinators also add many possibilities to all modulators.
Lots of possiblities in that. That's great.

From this thread i hope the main suggestion for a manual position for the playhead in functions also will be implemented.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines