April 25, 2024, 10:15:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Default path for each plugin of the V Collection (in Arturia Software Center)  (Read 2749 times)

creal

• Apprentice
Hello,

Each time after updating the whole V Collection we have to move the plugins according to our tree folder structure. For example, I created a folder for the synths plugins and another for the instruments. And I suppose that some users have created more different paths for organizing their plugins.

It is great to already have a customized path for the 32-bit and 64-bit plugin installations (in Arturia Software Center), but it would more useful to have a dedicated path for each plugin, whether it's for the V Collection or Arturia effects.

Thanks for considering it,

creal.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
I really don't think you're supposed to move the physical location of the plugins; the OS (be it Windows or MacOS), host DAW and even the plugins themselves expect them to be located in certain known predefined locations, otherwise it's likely they won't work as expected.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

creal

• Apprentice
It depends on the DAW itself. For example, if you work with Ableton Live and you have +80 plugins, it's great to organise them because Ableton Live shows exactly the tree folder structure of the Windows Explorer (or OSX finder). For Reaper, it's less important because the management of the plugins is more convenient.

I confess we can all live without it. It is just a little suggestion to be more comfortable, not the highest priority.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines