April 24, 2024, 08:40:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 49 running issues  (Read 3720 times)

shadowlich1

Keylab 49 running issues
« on: May 26, 2019, 11:41:53 pm »
Hello,

Purchased this Arturia Keylab 49 Essential 2 days ago and faced huge issues on my Windows PC.

I am using Scarlett 2i4 as my interface and power the Arturia via USB cable.

The issues are:

- My DAWs Reaper/Ableton sees the MIDI device, but theres no input signal coming through at all.
- Randomly upon restarting it it might work
- Analog Lab 4 crashes on start 90% of time
- Midi Control Center also crashes on start most of the times.

When the MIDI Control Center runs I get the "Failed to open the device. Please verify the device is not in use by another application."

The Firmware Revision in MCC says: "unknown". When I do upgrade it with the file provided on website I get "The device is not recognized. If the device is connected to USB HUB, please unplug/plug the HUB, then press OK".

After doing so I get "Failed to open the device. Please verify the device is not in use by another application".

It is not in use since that is the only programme running.

I have tried reinstalling the software from Arturia, drivers, uninstalling the Arturia from audio devices in Windows, reinstalling the Windows completely.

It is strange, because sometimes on PC launch the MCC sees the device correctly, after that when I try launching Analog Lab 4 and it freezes/crashes my DAW - MCC says it is bugged and not working and above happens.

The funny thing is that on my Mac it works perfectly fine.

Best,

Kuba

gphantom

Re: Keylab 49 running issues
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 01:05:55 am »
The only thing I can think of is that you have some incompatible hardware (i.e. Audio card and motherboard or Audio and video etc.)
Try it on another computer to see if the problem is repeating.  Could be a bad download of that software.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 01:02:53 pm »
Hello,

Purchased this Arturia Keylab 49 Essential 2 days ago and faced huge issues on my Windows PC.

....snip....

on my Mac it works perfectly fine.
Welcome

This was my experience precisely, hence why I quickly ditched windows for anything but playing games and running Office products. Macs aren't perfect but I find I can better live with their compromises. At least basic stuff works, with windows I spent more time trying to get drivers working and device conflicts sorted out than playing and recording my music.

It's all about using the best tool for the job.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

gphantom

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 05:12:40 pm »
Yep, getting the right hardware for a PC is touchy but, I learned one thing, get devices that are from the same company.  For example, all my stuff is from ASUS and there's never been a problem since, although I do have a Creative Labs Audigy card which is ASIO which is also a must in order to not have delays.  Creative Labs seem to be a match for most hardware I have.
Once you get the right combination, just don't touch anything, no driver updates etc.  If it works, don't touch it.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 01:16:11 pm »
Yep, getting the right hardware for a PC is touchy but, I learned one thing, get devices that are from the same company.  For example, all my stuff is from ASUS and there's never been a problem since, although I do have a Creative Labs Audigy card which is ASIO which is also a must in order to not have delays
Yeah I remember this from my days of using a PC. Latency is again one of those things which just went away after I ditched PCs. Though I believe the issue was finally addressed in Windows 10, so Windows no longer needs external drivers to overcome the latency problems (haven't tried it first hand).
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

fretduster1010

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 07:46:37 am »
Hello,

I am using Scarlett 2i4 as my interface and power the Arturia via USB cable.

The issues are:

- My DAWs Reaper/Ableton sees the MIDI device, but theres no input signal coming through at all.
- Randomly upon restarting it it might work
- Analog Lab 4 crashes on start 90% of time
- Midi Control Center also crashes on start most of the times.

When the MIDI Control Center runs I get the "Failed to open the device. Please verify the device is not in use by another application."

The Firmware Revision in MCC says: "unknown". When I do upgrade it with the file provided on website I get "The device is not recognized. If the device is connected to USB HUB, please unplug/plug the HUB, then press OK".

After doing so I get "Failed to open the device. Please verify the device is not in use by another application".

It is not in use since that is the only programme running.

I have tried reinstalling the software from Arturia, drivers, uninstalling the Arturia from audio devices in Windows, reinstalling the Windows completely.

It is strange, because sometimes on PC launch the MCC sees the device correctly, after that when I try launching Analog Lab 4 and it freezes/crashes my DAW - MCC says it is bugged and not working and above happens.

The funny thing is that on my Mac it works perfectly fine.

Best,

Kuba

I have almost the same experience with minilab mk2 except with the analog lab lite crashing.I'vee been fiddling with this minilab for the past 4 weeks and i couldn't get to make it work consistently.It's a hit and miss when i use it.In most reboots,it wouldn't work but for some odd reason,out of nowhere (1 out of 5) it will just work and the signals are there but a soon as i reboot it will be dead again.

I also have done the following;

*Downloaded Asia,use the normal sample rate,double checked ableton's midi preferences and made sure it is recognized,made sure the usb bus isn't on power saving mode and always on,tried different usb outlets(usb2/usb3 front and back cpu panels.

My system is i7 3770k,16 gb ddr3 cl6 1333 mhz,ssd and asus P8Z77-V pro and 'm not sure how to deal with it and really considering returning this over the weekend and never look back.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines