March 29, 2024, 09:59:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 88 mkII ?  (Read 4388 times)

Windy

Keylab 88 mkII ?
« on: October 12, 2018, 09:25:32 am »
I appreciate I’m unlikely to get an answer, but I’ll try anyway

I an planning on getting a new 88 note controller. My favoured option is the Keylab 88. This has now been around for a few years, and for the 61 note option the mkII was released a few months ago.

My question is will the Keylab 88 mkII be released shortly and therefore should I hold off my purchase, and what would the mkII bring to the Keylab 88.

Any feedback appreciated

LBH

Re: Keylab 88 mkII ?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 12:59:33 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I 'm a user. I can't tell if there will come a Keylab MK III 88 key version. I can imagine there will, but only Arturia know.
If it will come, then i guess it will add the same as the 49 and 61 key version. You can read the product site for them, and you can download the manuals and read in them.

Brooster

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 07:39:54 pm »
I am also interested in a Keylab MK II 88 key version. Please let us know if it is in the works.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 07:43:04 pm by Brooster »

HobGoblyn

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 10:27:41 pm »
Add another to the list, I'm  going to be getting an 88 note controller in the next couple of months or so.

I already have a NI 61 controller as I have a lot of their software, and was looking at an 88 note controller to compliment it for when I want a more piano like feel.

I'm really interested in a keylab  (have V5 collection), but I'm not going to buy a MK1 now I've seen a 49 and 61 MK2 has been released.

If there's no news in the next few weeks, chances are I will buy something from another company (don't want the NI 88, want something different from the 61 note I already have)

Partaille

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 12:18:23 pm »
I'm interesting in new Keylab MKII (I hope).

+1

michaelhuisman

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 09:35:06 pm »
well, *if* there's an 88 key mk II coming, PLEASE make the sustain pedal input TRS and capable of half-pedal input sensing!

HobGoblyn

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 07:00:22 pm »
I'm giving up waiting, am going to get another make 88 in the next two weeks.  I really hope they aren't keeping tight lipped about it so that they can announce it at Namm at the end of January, if that is the case, they've lost a sale by waiting.  Had they let me know ones coming imminently, then I might have waited.

But I'm not waiting nearly another two months on the off-chance they announce it.

I understand they have marketing goals etc, but it's really frustrating when your using their products and just want to know if it's worth waiting or not.

Windy

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 08:13:44 am »
Its the last day of NAMM today. I haven’t seen any anouncements on Arturia keyboards. Have there been any?

viger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2019, 05:41:07 am »
I wonder what the deal is... ???  If they had enough/big enough improvements that were added to the other controllers to make them mk2. Why wouldn’t they upgrade their 88 note controller?  You would think the imternals are all pretty similar. I noticed NI did this as well...only updates the non 88 models. I see I’m not the only one holding off on buying a new 88 because of the fear of getting out-modded a week after buying the old version. Wonder what gives...

HobGoblyn

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 12:31:37 am »
I noticed NI did this as well...only updates the non 88 models. I see I’m not the only one holding off on buying a new 88 because of the fear of getting out-modded a week after buying the old version. Wonder what gives...

NI has the 88 note Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, although I believe it was released quite a while after the others.

I have the NI S61 mk1, and am more than happy with it.  I don't really need the extra stuff on the MK2 and I know I'm in the minority, but I like the ribbon pitch-bend and mod on the mk1.

Also, unless things have changed fairly recently, NI MK2 doesn't have MCU support, and while they have said it might be coming, that's been said for over a year now. So while my MK1 is easy to set up in Reaper, the MK2 wouldn't be.

At the moment I have a dirt cheap (cost me £70 on ebay second hand) M-Audio Keystation 88 that I thought would tide me over until Arturia released the MK2. But I'm beginning to give up hope  (keystation keys feel like the keyboard should have only cost £25 new).

Will be looking at second hand stage pianos soon.

Think I will probably get a se

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines