March 29, 2024, 12:21:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Modulation mapper, LFO amplitude  (Read 1386 times)

stefan.o

• Apprentice
Modulation mapper, LFO amplitude
« on: May 26, 2019, 11:17:39 am »
I would really like a modulation mapper, as implemented in U-He’s Zebra Synth.

Essentially this allows you graphically to define a given output value for a given input value. So, for example, you can draw your own ‘curve’ for mod wheel response e.g. have a parameter increase as the mod wheel reaches its centre point and then decrease as the wheel is pushed beyond that point or have no effect from the mod wheel until it reaches a certain point, or whatever relationship you like between input and output. Perhaps this might be implemented as part of the parameter side-chaining function? At the moment that always describes a linear relationship that is either positive or negative. It might also be implemented as part of MIDI learn (at present you can at least set a floor and ceiling and invert the relationship, but I’d rather just draw a response curve).

Perhaps I am misusing/misundertsanding the synth, but I’d like to see an amplitude knob on each LFO – I find that easy to grasp conceptually.

It would also be helpful to assign more than one side chain to modulation source.

I agree with other comments here that the mod wheel should be able to modulate the macro knobs, that the glide should have different curves, that more LFO shapes would be welcome, and that there should be a stereo widener in the effects.

A lovely synth overall, so keep up the good work!

jeffb01

• Apprentice
Re: Modulation mapper, LFO amplitude
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 06:24:09 pm »
You can kind of control the LFO amplitude. You might already know this, but under the mid section that shows all the modulators, if you click on LFO 2 (or any modulator) and it will show everything it is modulating. On each of those, if you click "Side Chain", you can choose a macro (or mod wheel, envelope, etc) to modulate the amplitude of each. If an LFO is modulating a lot of different things, you have to do each one individually.

Btw, I would like a mod-able LFO amplitude, too. But hopefully this helps as a workaround.

LBH

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 07:29:58 pm »
A Remap function is added to the Combinators,  and also a third Combinator has been added in Pigments version 1.2.0.594. That's great.
Also you can now set Curves for Aftertouch and KBD.

stefan.o

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 03:38:05 pm »
Excellent, thanks, LBH. The Remap function does as I was requesting.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines