April 19, 2024, 01:34:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog clock in not functioning as expected  (Read 2254 times)

drxcm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog clock in not functioning as expected
« on: May 24, 2019, 05:59:56 am »
I can't get this going correctly and think it is a bug.

Have tried both TS cable and TRS cable.
Tried different clock / sync modes.

Anyone else?

EDIT - new info

Details :

When using the TRS input:
- analog clock is received (on the tip).
- start / stop (on the ring) is not behaving as expected. A trigger momentarily starts the sequence, but then it stops. A gate is required to keep the sequence playing.  Ie it needs a constant voltage for the sequencer to run.
- for start / stop it would be highly preferable to have a trigger start the sequencer, and any next trigger stop the sequencer
- so instead of a start / stop the ring connector is behaving like a ‘run sequencer’ function

Also, it seems analog clock is then internally clocking the Microbrute, rather than stepping it’s sequencer.
-For example, if it is receiving analog clock, with arpeggiator set to on, when holding a chord on the keyboard, the notes play from the moment when the keys were touched, not in sync with the clock.  The BPM is correct though.
-Another example, say I have a sequence programmed, and I want to step through that sequence with an analog trigger.  Instead of simply advancing the sequence, it seems to interpret the incoming triggers as tap tempo, rather than ’next step’.
-Is this the intended functionality?  It would be really nice to have a trigger step the sequencer rather than set an internal BPM for the Microfreak.  This occurs when using TS or TRS.

Finally, I’m getting some tempo glitches, even when using a gate on the start/stop input, sometimes it will drop a gate and not run.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 02:20:07 am by drxcm »

Micro_Freq

• Apprentice
Re: Analog clock in and Sequencer not working
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 10:40:28 am »
I had sequencer problems with mine, the main reason I returned it! have you done the FW update, that's supposed to have sorted the issue?

drxcm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 10:10:40 pm »
Yes I have done the firmware update.
Really bummed out as I cannot use it as intended.

Micro_Freq

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 10:39:01 pm »
Have you gone the offical route and 'raised a ticket' with Arturia so they can help you get it sorted.

drxcm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 01:49:30 am »
yes - anyone else experiencing issues?

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 09:14:01 am »
Hello.

Have you made sure your clock is wired this way?

Some modules can have the clock split on two distinct TS jack and not merged on one TRS jack.

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

drxcm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Analog clock in not functioning as expected
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 02:18:53 am »
Ok, I.  think I have made some progress, but it’s still not functioning as I expected. 
I’m predominantly using with Eurorack and 1/8" cables not MIDI DIN cables.

Details :

When using the TRS input:
- analog clock is received (on the tip).
- start / stop (on the ring) is not behaving as expected. A trigger momentarily starts the sequence, but then it stops. A gate is required to keep the sequence playing.  Ie it needs a constant voltage for the sequencer to run.
- for start / stop it would be highly preferable to have a trigger start the sequencer, and any next trigger stop the sequencer
- so instead of a start / stop the ring connector is behaving like a ‘run sequencer’ function

Also, it seems analog clock is then internally clocking the Microbrute, rather than stepping it’s sequencer.
-For example, if it is receiving analog clock, with arpeggiator set to on, when holding a chord on the keyboard, the notes play from the moment when the keys were touched, not in sync with the clock.  The BPM is correct though.
-Another example, say I have a sequence programmed, and I want to step through that sequence with an analog trigger.  Instead of simply advancing the sequence, it seems to interpret the incoming triggers as tap tempo, rather than ’next step’.
-Is this the intended functionality?  It would be really nice to have a trigger step the sequencer rather than set an internal BPM for the Microfreak.  This occurs when using TS or TRS.

Finally, I’m getting some tempo glitches, even when using a gate on the start/stop input, sometimes it will drop a gate and not run.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines