March 28, 2024, 08:34:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't change presets...  (Read 3209 times)

slipsongs

• Apprentice
Can't change presets...
« on: May 24, 2019, 04:59:47 am »
Hey guys,

I've been using my V-Collection for a while now with no issues.

Today, when trying to change presets, nothing happened. Nothing happens when I click "Arturia Presets," either. Just loads up the default opening patch ("Opening Pad" on Prophet V3, for example). But when I click on the name of the preset, it just highlights without changing. Same with the arrows.

If I load a session in Ableton, all my sounds load fine and on the correct patches. However, I can't change anything from the preset it's already on.

All my presets are still in my Library on my computer, I just can't seem to access them in any way.

This happens in both Ableton and MPC 2.5 DAWs and in standalone mode - can't change patches

Screengrabs attached for reference, really confused on this one.

The only thing I can think that changed was that I authorized my MPC VST/Software on my iLok, but have no idea how that would affect anything.

LBH

Re: Can't change presets...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 06:02:21 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

You have no presets at all?

I can suggest to uninstall and reinstall an applications and see if that fix it.
https://www.arturia.com/faq/installation/uninstall-remove-a-software

Perhaps you only need to remove some files in what is the tmp folder on Windows. It look like you have MAC, so i can't tell where to find the files on your computer.

If this does'nt fix it, then i suggest you contact Arturia support directy through your account.

slipsongs

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 07:27:42 pm »
I see the tmp folders for each VST, but not sure what I should/would remove from there.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 09:53:23 pm »
I was thinking the "lastpresetc.pref" and "lastpresetp.pref" files. But if you does'nt have any presets at all in your preset browser, then that perhaps have no effect. I think it's worth a try anyway as it's fast to try.

You can delete the whole tmp folder. All the files will be recreated, when you open the application. But you will also have to set the audio and midi settings for your standalone version, if you do this.

slipsongs

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 09:59:03 pm »
Tried this, but still no luck. It does recreate the tmp folder once I open the synth in Ableton, but that folder is now empty.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 10:15:09 pm »
Then something is wrong. It should recreate the files. Have you tried to un- and reinstall an application like i suggested?

Remember to create backups of your presets first. Just in case.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 10:30:55 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines