March 28, 2024, 08:19:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problems loading presets  (Read 8192 times)

betawave31

Re: Problems loading presets
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2019, 05:24:33 pm »
Any solutions to loading new patches into the Microfreak?

I updated the firmware running Yosemite on a Macbook Pro and I cannot load ANY new sounds into the MF including the ones I downloaded from Arturia site!

When I import the sounds they are not even noticed by the MCC software.

Any tips?

betawave31

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2019, 12:15:33 am »
Hey Onyx.

Sorry for the time it takes.

We potentially have a fix for two issues with the preset transfer.

- The first fix prevents the clock messages to mess the transfers (This one is already validated)

- The second fix is the one you are waiting for. This version is being tested.
Once the test team has validated this version, I can eventually try to send it here so you can have a try and confirm if it resolves your issue. (As on our side, we haven't been able to reproduce this bug...)

Léo will keep you updated.

Best regards

Edouard

Edouard please let us know when the fix is available. If I cannot load patches into the synth I am returning it to the store this should have been FULLY addressed upon release of the product!

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 03:49:04 pm »
Hello guys.

Sorry for the delay.

Please contact us through the support form, we have a version that resolves the issue on Windows.
Leo sent this version to a few users and it seemed to work great afterwards.

However, we are looking for a solution on Mac...

Kind regards

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

jksuperstar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2019, 05:56:01 am »
I just downloaded MCC v1.10.0.1354 (which includes a Microfreak Midi Driver install), and I have no problems transferring single or groups of presets to the microfreak now, running on Windows 10 x64.

kimik

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2020, 10:27:56 pm »
I just tried to import the presets from my microfreak, and same problem, fails to load...I'm on OSX 10.12.6

mnemosign

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2021, 05:06:31 pm »
Late to the game and New MicroFreak owner, but I have been experiencing various similar issues loading presets from MCC to the MicroFreak.

I did figure out a solution that seems to work....so far....

If I open MCC and THEN plug in the Freak and THEN power it seems to be willing to play nice. This is not the prescribed order of operations stated in the MCC, but through trial and error it seems to have resolved the loading issue for me.

Hopefully this may help anybody else running into preset loading issues.

(Running os11.2.2 on a 2017 MacBook Air)

musa baju

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2021, 07:31:24 pm »
I couldn't recall presets to computer. Until I closed Ableton, then it all worked again.

kyotosound

• Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2021, 09:37:20 pm »
The problem with the midi control center for mac os is still not resolved - why so long?   :( :( :(

The windows mcc work fine - i try to use my friend pc notebook and there mcc work great (patches donload and upload succefully) - but i need to work on my macbook

nicole-ham

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2021, 10:30:51 pm »
Howdy folks - I made an account because I was googling everywhere and couldnt find out how to fix this.  Im new to the Microfreak and music stuff in general, so this was FRUSTRATING-- But this DID kind of "work" FYI These are MAC-ONLY instructions. Follow the steps below, and I hope this helps others:

• Changed my USB cord to an Altria Keystep one I had laying around. If you have similar cords, try all of them with the process below until it works.
  • turned OFF the Microfreak, unplugged it from USB.
  • Downloaded the latest driver. Fully uninstalled Midi Controller and (on mac) Went to Utility > Audio Midi Set up > View (top bar) > Show Midi studio.  Here I removed all Altria drivers by selecting them and pressing DELETE. Details here >> https://www.arturia.com/faq/installation/firmware-reset-and-detection-of-a-midi-device
  • Reinstalled the Midi Controller program.
  • Plugged the Microfreak back in, Currently OFF. Went into Boot mode by Holding down "SHIFT" + "Arp" + "Oct" and turning the microfreak ON. You know you are in Boot mode because the device is on, but the Microfreak logo does NOT pop up/ the screen is dark.
  • Open Midi controller. Click on the Firmware version button, which should say "UNKNOWN". Install the latest driver.
  • Let the driver install. The Microfreak will auto-reboot once its done installing. Check to see if the presets on screen match up with whats on your microfreak. 
  • Carefully try to add 1 or 2 presets to the END of the list, one by one. Do NOT drag and drop a huge list.  You need to see if it can transfer them correctly first.

Ok thats all I got! it SHOULD work. I also noticed depending on which cord I used.. transfer times were extremely fast or slow.  I used an MPC cable and transfer times crawled, when I tried the Keystep USB  it suddenly transfered presets blazingly fast.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines