April 19, 2024, 08:02:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi in not responsive - playing MF with external midi device  (Read 2048 times)

aboutfacemusik

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hey, I hope you're well.

I'm pretty stunned I'm asking this as I have been working with complex midi routings live now for quote some time, I've never not been able to set up something this simple; I'm hoping this is just something very small that I seem to be missing, hope you can advise.

The Microfreak wont respond to any externally sent Midi note messages, In utility I set the 'in' midi channel and chosen the same on the 'out' sequencer (Squarp Pyramid), I also tried simply via ableton sending midi to various channels. I have tried all Midi channels, even midi 'all channels', nothing is played when note info is sent. The arp/sequencer is recognizing midi clock/working ok as the slave, just wont allow any note to be triggered, which is vital for my set up as I play live and loop the midi info into the Pyramid sequencer.

I have tested other hardware synths using the same cable/channel etc, all works fine. I have upgraded the firmware to the latest 1.1.2.390

Screen shot  of my settings attached.

Many thx

Ben

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Re: Midi in not responsive - playing MF with external midi device
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 04:07:14 pm »
Hello !

Maybe the MIDI to 3.5 TRS jack adapter is the culprit?

Best

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

aboutfacemusik

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 05:44:37 pm »
Hey Edourard,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried several adapters (One I used with Elektron samples), plus the connector must be working as the Clock sync is working?

Replying to your email now.

Best,

Ben

DelugeMicroFreak

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 04:28:25 pm »
Hey guys I wonder if there any solution available for this specific issue, I just recently purchased the MicroFreak as an edition to the Deluge and want to be able to send midi to the MicroFreak. I've encountered the exact same problem. ???

p.s Im also on version 1.1.2.390 , tried different kabels, midi channels etc. '

-------
[UPDATE]

Here is an update I solved this issue, By first connecting the MF midi out to the midi in of the sequencer played a note on the micro freak I got a reaction on the sequencer. So I connected the MF midi out to the sequencer midi out and everything worked fine.

I'm still trying to reproduce this problem

« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 03:12:34 pm by DelugeMicroFreak »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines