Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: NKS?  (Read 6292 times)

BezO

• Apprentice
NKS?
« on: May 19, 2019, 06:04:32 pm »
Are there any plans to make AL4 NKS? If not, please add. Us Komplete Kontrol users would be grateful. Hopefully I'm not the only one.
V Collection 6 & Komplete Kontrol S

The groove baby, the groove...

Mwamemm

Re: NKS?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 05:11:35 pm »
Are there any plans to make AL4 NKS? If not, please add. Us Komplete Kontrol users would be grateful. Hopefully I'm not the only one.
We are two...maybe more ?

I wish you all a good day :-)

LBH

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 08:23:21 pm »
Hi all,

You can allready open Analog Lab inside Komplete Kontrol through the top panel application load.

If you wan't to use NKS, then you can allready just save the presets as NKS files through Komplete Kontrol yourself. Then they will appear in Komplete Kontrols browser, but they will not appear in Arturias individual applications, just like Arturias own will. I believe you also can create you own artwork. (Am i wrong? Are there more to it?) I guess this what's done in this packs that include AL4 NKS library: https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/downloads/komplete-kontrol-vst-packs
I don't know about freelancesoundlabs, so this is not a recommendation. I've just heard about this. I don't know if they have Arturias permisson to do this, as i guess they need that. Perhaps Arturia will tell? If Arturia don't know about this, then now they do, if they read this.
I would save the NKS presets i need my self, but mainly keep Arturias preset system fully functional as i'm a VC owner.  Keeping it inside Arturias system should also give the best possibilty to keep it future proof.
Arturia also have controllers that have speciel functions for their software applications.

When it come to NKS presets, then the problem is how to do this without destroying Arturias own powerful preset system where V-Collection and Analog Lab is very integrated. Analog Lab use the individual VC applications presets. And presets saved in AL is availble for the individual applictions. That's very good. How to add NKS without destroying Arturias own preset system and functionality between AL and VC applications? That's the challenge, and i assume that's why AL does'nt have NKS today by default. How would you solve this without a fusion between different developers systems, so they are compatible with each other and does'nt require a speciel set of presets for each system? Can't tell if Arturia can do this alone.

I don't think Arturia shall destroy the powerful preset integration they have, just to deliever NKS for AL alone. So unless there is a way for you as a Komplete Kontrol user to select to open either the individual application ot AL, then Arturia should not deliver NKS for AL. Please keep in mind, that beside the new VC7 applications, then the individual applications do have NKS allready, and i assume the new applications also will get some.
The AL Multi presets may be another thing.

It can't be right, that Arturia should destroy a well working powerful preset integration between AL and VC and thus make it bad for VC owners too, just to deliever NKS. It cost to make NKS, and NKS users allready can make things work like explained above.

I would also prefere other solutions than Komplete Kontrol for visually handicapped users.

Mwamemm

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 09:31:03 pm »
wow...
I don’t see why integrating one type of presets should necessarily destroy another, and I even thought, given the NKS integration of individual applications, that the work to add it to AL was already half done.
Given the vehemence of your words, I must have it all wrong.
So I'd like to thank you for putting my mind back together.
All I have to do now is get my visual impairment treated.

I wish you all a good night.
Peace

Home Studio 87

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Intel i7 2600k/16go DDR3/Seven x64/RME Multiface/2x UAD2 Duo/TC Powercore/Cubase 7 x64/Steinberg CMC/Remote SL/Faderport/etc...

BezO

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 05:45:02 pm »
Looks like Pigments got the NKS treatment. Any official word from Arturia on Ano Labs 4?

BezO

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 05:21:54 pm »
I'm starting to doubt this is on their radar. They've responded to similar inquiries re: Pigments (delivered) and B3 V2, but not AL4.

BezO

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 07:07:01 pm »
The write up for the 7.1 update seems to imply Ano Lab 4 is NKS compatible ("All instruments in V Collection 7). B-3 V is in there, but I don't see Ano Lab 4.

Am I misunderstanding or is there something I need to do in addition to updating?

scottgee1

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 08:25:39 pm »
The write up for the 7.1 update seems to imply Ano Lab 4 is NKS compatible ("All instruments in V Collection 7). B-3 V is in there, but I don't see Ano Lab 4.

Am I misunderstanding or is there something I need to do in addition to updating?
BezO, I read the same update and came to the same conclusion.  Any clarification since you posted this?

scottgee1

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 05:07:58 pm »
I opened a ticket to directly ask The Experts this question:

Is AnalogLab 4.1 NKS compatible?

Here is the response:

Unfortunately analog lab isn't and won't be NKS compatible as it is itself a preset browser, you can however still use it as plugin in either Maschine or KK,
You would however be able to use all other instruments using their NKS compatibility.

I followed up to suggest that Arturia review the 7.1 update page and clarify the language related to NKS compatibility.

csurieux

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2023, 07:44:21 am »
+1 for nks even on analog lab IV
Freelancesourcelab is far from being perfect, fast implementation for $

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines